In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
LIVE (IN-PERSON) RACE
This race is an exclusive opportunity to compete on a certified marathon and half marathon course during a time most races have been shut down. Race is limited to 50 participants and has a strict 4 hour limit for marathon and 1 hour 45 minute limit for the half marathon. If you are searching to qualify for Boston Marathon, complete a certified marathon or half marathon course, or achieve your first marathon or half marathon while running with top runners, this event is for you! Participants must be able to complete the marathon in 4 hours or less and half marathon in 1 hour 45 minutes or less.
Participants will register by clicking on the "SIGN UP" button above. We are using a "lottery" system for registration. This will allow us to screen each applicant to ensure each participant meets the requirements for the time limit. Your credit card will not be charged until we approve your entry. If your registration is not approved you will not be charged. You will be notified once a decision is made.
This race is more about the opportunity to race than the swag. Therefore, each participant will only receive a custom pint glass. No shirts or medals for this event.
The course is SUPER fast, flat, and simple. You will run on the paved Western MD Rail Trail in Hancock, MD. Course is out 1.55 miles then back 1.55 miles (3.1 miles or 5K per lap) with repeated laps to complete your race. This stretch of rail trail is flat, fast, and is perfect for a PR and fast result. This course is certified and the marathon is a qualifier for the Boston Marathon!
Marathon- 8 laps of the 5K course (sixteen 1.55 mile lengths) then the final leg will be a 2,200 meter final out and back on a side road.
Half Marathon- 4 laps of the 5K course (eight 1.55 mile lengths) then the final leg will be a 1,100 meter final out and back on a side road.
Course will start/end just inside the rail trail gate off of Pennsylvania Ave. (near the bike shop). The course will run out to the west on the rail trail for 1.55 miles then turn around and come back to the starting point.
SEE RACE COURSE MAP BELOW
Click the icon below to download the attached PDF.
Given the COVID-19 restrictions, we will only provide bottled water on the course. Water stations will be located at both ends of the 1.55 course. These will be single serve bottles that you can grab and carry if needed. You must discard the bottles in the trash cans we provide at either end of the course. We will provide tables near the start/finish area to allow participants space to store their own hydration and nutrition. Participants will pass the tables every 5k. Please discard all trash in the trash cans we provide at either end of the 1.55 mile course.
7:00am to 7:45am CHECK-IN
7:50am SAFETY BRIEFING
8:00am MARATHON START
8:05am HALF MARATHON START
12:00pm COURSE CLOSED
Below are the steps we are taking to ensure we are following CDC and State guidelines during the event.
1) Parking will allow for ample room for social distancing while people arrive.
2) No inside facility will be used.
3) All runners, organizers, volunteers and attendees are required to wear masks whenever 6 feet can not be consistently maintained outdoors unless an exception is clearly met as defined in the Governor's Order.
4) Race staff will always be required to wear face coverings.
5) We will use a social distancing process during check-in that will keep people 6 feet apart by using cones on the ground to indicate where people are to stand while waiting in line.
6) We will create a “grab and go” approach to packet pickup with all swag pre-stuffed into bags
7) Each participant and staff member will have their temperature taken upon arrival and will not be permitted to attend if their temperature is above 100.0 degrees.
8) The Marathon will start first with approximately 25 people at the start line. We will keep them social distanced until a minute before the start. The Half Marathon will follow the same process, with approximately 25 people and start 5 minutes after the Marathon.
9) Hand sanitizing stations will be located around the start/finish area.
10) We will have an aide station at either end of the 1.55-mile course that will serve water handled by staff wearing gloves and face coverings just as precaution. Athletes will be told to carry their own hydration and nutrition.
11) There will be no post-race food or celebration. Participants will be encouraged to leave the area of the finish area.
12) There will be no awards ceremony.
This event will be professionally chip timed by Racine Timing using disposable bib tags on the back of the race bibs. Bibs must be worn on the front of your shirt and be visible at all times. Results will be available LIVE. We will provide a web link to results prior to race day that can be shared with family and friends so they can follow runners on their web-supported devices. There will be timing mats at both ends of the 1.55 mile course to ensure everyone completes the entire course. Times will be submitted to the Boston Marathon for all finishers of the marathon distance.
Cash prizes ($150, $125, $75) to the top-three men & women in the marathon
Cash prizes ($100, $75, $50) to the top-three men & women in the half-marathon
Please join our effort to raise money for the maintenance of the Western MD Rail Trail. We want to do our part to give back and support the efforts needed to maintain the trail. COVID-19 has put a drain on resources like trail maintenance. You will be given the option to donate during the registration process.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.