In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Global Running Day is June 3rd, and while we can’t celebrate in our usual way (shout out 24 Hour Challenge in Annapolis!) there’s no reason why we can’t come together virtually to race! Join us for the Charm City Run UniverSOLE 5k & 10k races and compete with friends in your neighborhood, across the country, and around the world.
This is not like other “virtual events” - this is a RACE! Great swag, real results, overall and age-group awards, and a portion of the proceeds donated to the Baltimore Hunger Project. Sorry - the post race party is BYOB :)
Runners will be able to submit their results through text or email (if opted in) or through the runsignup.com results page from May 22nd through June 3rd (11:59PM Eastern Time). You MUST run your race during this time period - runs completed outside of this window will not be eligible for awards. If you have questions about submitting results don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Register here, pick a race distance (or more than one if you'd like) and choose your swag.
2. Once you receive your confirmation email, start training!
3. You'll receive a text or email (if you opt in) when the race "starts" on May 22nd.
4. Your awesome swag pack will be mailed to you between May 22nd and June 3rd via USPS.
5. Run your race(s) and submit your results either by text message or email (if you've opted in) or by heading to the results page here by the end of Global Running Day (June 3rd at 11:59 PM Eastern Time). Results update in real time as people submit their times. Be sure to take a selfie and post on social media with the hashtags #UniverSOLErun and #charmcityrun
6. After we verify the top finishers at each distance we will finalize the results and award prizes.
1) CYOS - Choose Your Own Swag! For the first time, we’re giving you the power to pick the swag you want. Your selection will be mailed out between May 22nd and June 3rd via USPS using the shipping address provided during registration. Want more than one item? You can purchase additional gear during the registration process, or by heading directly to the store!
Select one (1) item from the following options:
2) Fun, Flexible PVC “UniverSOLE 5k/10k” Finisher Medal
3) Eligibility for awards from Charm City Run for top overall AND age group finishers
4) A chance to win a pair of Brooks running shoes (1 Male & 1 Female winner selected after registration ends)
5) Motivation to stay active
6) The good feeling that comes with helping our neighbors through the Baltimore Hunger Project
5k - $30
10k - $30
*Registrants can sign up for multiple distances at once, or pick one distance and add another at a later date
There are no refunds of entry given for this event.
Awards will be given as follows:
Age Groups are as follows: 19 & Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
Runners competing in multiple races are only eligible to win one prize across the entire event. The highest place will be selected, and in the event of equal placements in multiple events the longest distance award will be given. If you intend to compete for time-based awards you will need a method of recording your time and distance - a GPS watch, phone app (MapMyRun, Strava, etc.), or a treadmill. To maintain the integrity of the competition as best as possible all award winners in each event must submit photo proof of GPS/run data to verify time and distance (photo of treadmill with time & distance, photo/screenshot of run tracker, etc.). Award winners will be emailed when the results submission period closes and asked to reply with their photo/screenshot. Placements are not final until overall and age-group winners in each race have been verified. You must run the full distance of the event you selected in order to qualify, so for our purposes that is 3.1 miles for the 5k and 6.2 miles for the 10k. If a performance cannot be verified, the award will roll down to the next participant.
Feeding Bodies and Minds
Baltimore Hunger Project is dedicated to eliminating the growing problem of weekend childhood hunger by feeding bodies and minds. We are bridging the gap between Friday and Monday by consistently providing weekend food packages to children identified as food insecure, in a compassionate and dignified manner. We raise awareness about the effects of hunger by establishing partnerships with community members, other organizations, and decision makers. A portion of the UniverSOLE virtual race proceeds will benefit this outstanding organization!
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?