3506 Gwynnbrook Avenue
Owings Mills, MD US 21117
Please join us on Sunday, May 12th for CHANA's Race Against Abuse 5K and Fun Run as we raise awareness about domestic violence, sexual abuse and elder abuse, and fundraise for CHANA’s mission to empower survivors! Lets rally together to end abuse in our community.
As one of our largest fundraisers of the year, CHANA depends on the #RaceAgainstAbuse to help fund our crisis intervention, counseling, legal advocacy and safety planning services as well as our prevention educations programs. Participating in CHANA’s #RaceAgainstAbuse is a way to stand up against domestic violence in our community, be a voice for those who are suffering, and let them know they are not alone!
5K: $40 through March 31st ($45 thereafter)
Fun Run: $35 through March 31st ($40 thereafter)
There are no refunds of entry given or transfers of entry permitted for this event.
Friday, May 10th from 10AM-12PM
Owings Mills JCC
3506 Gwynnbrook Avenue
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Saturday, May 11th from 1PM-3PM
Charm City Run Timonium
2045 York Road
Timonium, MD 21093
Onsite starting at 7AM
VIRTUAL RACE OPTION
We have created a virtual race option for those who would like to participate but are not local, or do not feel comfortable attending an in-person race at this time. Here's how the virtual race works:
1. Register for the virtual event, and sign up for text or e-mail notifications
2. Your race swag will be available for pickup at our pre-race packet pickups, or can be mailed to you at no additional cost. We will begin mailing virtual packets on Tuesday, May 14th.
3. You'll receive a text or email (if you opt in) when the race "starts" on March 12th.
4. Run your race and submit your results either by text message or email (if you've opted in) or by heading to the results page here by May 12th at 11:59 PM Eastern Time). Results update in real time as people submit their times. Be sure to take a selfie/photos and post on social media with the hashtag #RaceAgainstAbuse.
5. Sit back and enjoy your accomplishment!
*Virtual race performances are not eligible for the overall event awards.
Custom designed short sleeve race shirt (shirt availability and sizing is guaranteed to registrations received by April 20th)
CHANA's Race Against Abuse 5K and Fun Run will start and finish at the Owings Mills JCC.
Click here to view course map (course is subject to change)
For information about sponsorship or ways to support CHANA, please contact CHANA at 410-234-0030 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to for more details and sponsorship levels. (link coming soon)
CHANA offers a Jewish response to the needs of persons who experience abuse: physical, psychological, sexual, financial or spiritual.
CHANA provides crisis intervention, education and consultation, and advocates for community awareness, safety and healing. We envision an aware and responsive community where all individuals are empowered to live with security and self-determination.
Because of your support, more victims will be helped. More young people will learn about healthy relationships. More people will find safety, healing and hope. Thank you.
Amy Baum, Race Chair
Linda G. Katz, CHANA, Board Chair
Lauren Shaivitz, Executive Director
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.