In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
THIS EVENT WILL HAPPEN LIVE IN 2020
PLEASE READ ENTIRE BOLD-FACED PART OF WAIVER BELOW AS FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE COVID GUIDELINES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. YOU MUST AGREE TO THE WAIVER WHEN YOU REGISTER.
For both events
1. Masks are required when picking up packets and before the event begins.
2. Packet pickups will be staggered and early options ie a day or two before will be offered to avoid large numbers of people picking up at the same time, lines, etc
3. For families we will request 1 representative pick up all packets and distribute to their family members to avoid multiple people picking up their packets.
4. Bottled water will be included in the packet so there will not be water at the finish area where people would traditionally be touching multiple bottles with their hands.
5. A word of caution will be displayed on all registration forms that if you have an underlying respiratory or medical condition we recommend you do not participate in the event or participate in solidarity once you have picked up your packet and possibly on your own time.
6. Limit of 100 people (50 for the walk, 50 for the run)
1. Walkers will begin their walk on their own not all at once at 10:15 ie if they pick up their packet at 10 they start then or if they pick it up the day before they get there earlier and do it.
2. Walkers will maintain social distancing or wear a mask if walking with someone outside of their in-house family members.
1. There will be staggered starts (size to be determined based on numbers) for example if we have 40 people and we can socially distance 2 people across the start line we will do 20 different starts to space people out. Traditionally we have only gotten about 15-40 people for the race.
2. Masks will be worn until just before your start group begins and must be put on as soon as possible after you finish.
3. No congregating at the finish area once you have finished and caught your breath you must either cool down or keep walking away from the finish.
Spectators Must remain in vehicle. Give the car horn a workout cheering on your family and friends.
Sunday November 8th 5-Miler Start 10AM 2.5 Mile Walk Start ON ARRIVAL
Where*: Packet Pickup Fleet Feet Maine Running 309 Marginal Way Portland, Maine
5-Miler Start at Cutter St & Eastern Promenade/Finish at Sewage Treatment Plant Rd & Marginal Way
Walk Start & Finish at Sewage Treatment Plant Rd Bayside Trail Entrance.
Benefits: Mesothelioma Research. Race is in memory of John W. Griffin, a pipefitter, Navy veteran, & City Councilor who passed away in 2003 after a 1 month diagnosis of cancer including mesothelioma.
Cost: $24 Thru November 7th
Shirts guaranteed through October 28th as available after
DON’T RUN OR WALK? DONATE: $5 FOR PINT GLASS
Awards: Cash Prizes Top Overall Male & Female. Awards age groups. Cash Prizes Top Club, Corporate, and Open Teams (4 person minimum to score)
$29 Race Day Registration for both events. Race Day Registration/Packet Pickup 8-9:45AM @ Fleet Feet.
*This is a point-to-point 5-mile race for packet pickup and the after party. 5-Miler Start is 1.3 miles from Fleet Feet Maine Running. Finish for both events is 0.3 miles from Fleet Feet Maine Running. Maps will be provided. Join the Facebook page for a ride/carpool forum between walkers and runners.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.