In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.quarryroadraces.com.
- Race Format: Each week beginning Tuesday, June 16th a course will be setup (on Monday) that runners can run on a “time trial” and submit their times to via google forms: https://forms.gle/YAgVrNtVg4M5GbU68
o We plan to have signage to identify the Start & Finish line thank to our sponsor, Trailspace.
- Registration will be required to submit times, participants will have 3 registration options, Single Race ($10), 3 Races ($20), and Full Series ($45). Registration will be available online only at this link: https://runsignup.com/Race/ME/Waterville/QuarryRoadRaces
- We will continue to offer 3 different distances of races over the course of the summer, each distance repeated 3 times. 3k, 5k, & 8k – these distances are approximate.
- It will be STRONGLY RECCOMENDED that runners submit GPS tracking info of routes to confirm that routes were run correctly (preferred platform is Strava). It will not be required as we trust that no runners would intentionally take the wrong course.
o Each Couse has been setup as a Strava segment, which has many benefits, including seeing who has recent top times.
§ 3k - https://www.strava.com/segments/23850496
§ 5k- https://www.strava.com/segments/23850533
§ 8k- https://www.strava.com/segments/23850521
o If you are not on Strava yet, please sign up at this link (https://runsignup.com/Race/QuarryRoadRaces/NationalSponsor/Strava), as it will generate some additional resources for the race series.
- Runners will have until each Sunday evening at 8pm to submit times for the week.
- Compiled standings will be updated throughout the summer, and available here: http://www.quarryroadraces.com/results.html
- Overall Prizes: At this time we know that we will have prizes for the overall series champions and age group winners as New Balance has committed to sponsoring our series once again.
- Weekly Prizes: Traditionally our weekly sponsors have been local restaurants, which as an industry have been hit hard by the COVID19 pandemic. As a community, I would ask that everyone look to support the weekly sponsors that have supported the Summer Race Series for several years, whether they are in a position this year to provide prizes or not. These businesses are: Selah Tea, Rita’s House of Pizza / The End Zone, & The Proper Pig.
- Kids Run: Even though we do not have an official kids run, please bring your kids to the Quarry Road and encourage them to motor around the trails!
- Race T-Shirts: Runners will be able to purchase a 2020 QR Summer Race T-shirt through online registration until June 30, 2020. Shirts will be available for pickup by mid-July, pickup dates & times will be sent out to those with orders.
- If it restrictions change and it becomes feasible to begin holding races in person, our goal will be to do so.
June 16-21; 3k
June 23-28; 5k
June 30-July 5; 8k
July 7-12; 3k
July 14-19; 5k
July 21-26; 8k
July 28-August 2; 8k
August 4-9; 5k
August 11-16; 3k
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.