Events for this Race:
Grand Rapids, MI US 49507
Set your alarm for the Dash Down Division 5K
on Saturday, February 22, 2014.
Rise and shine and shuffle down to The Salvation Army Kroc Center for a chilly winter challenge. You won't want to snooze through this fun run!
Oh, did we mention there's a new theme for 2014?
It's a PAJAMA DASH!
This third annual 5K run/walk is now the Pajama Dash Down Division, a family-friendly fun run in which you are invited to roll out of bed, don your favorite jammies and enjoy a jaunt through the Alger Heights neighborhood.
Brave the blustery weather -- bed head, bleary eyes and all -- to help support recreation scholarships for local Grand Rapids youth. And don't worry; we'll have plenty of hot coffee, hot cocoa, hot soup and other snacks inside the Kroc Center to warm and wake you up after the race.
Plus, kiddos aged 12 & under can compete in the miniDASH kids' fun run, which takes place after the 5K race. Teddy bears welcome (unless they're already in hibernation, of course).
Race Participants Receive:
- Chip timing
- Winter stocking cap
- New Balance® "Team Kroc" running shirt (additional $15)
- Kroc Center day pass (for future visit)
- Childcare for runners with children ($5 per child)
- Gift certificates from Gazelle Sports for overall winners
- Awards for each age group winner
- Door prizes
- Food and refreshments
- Race photography
- Endorsed by Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness Health & Sports (eligible for the 2014 Mackinac Bridge Run lottery)
- Children under 12 who finish the 5K course will receive a punch card for future visits to the Kroc Center. A shorter-distance miniDASH kids' fun run will take place outside (weather permitting) after the 5K event.