COME AND JOIN THE FUN!!
Kalamazoo, MI US 49009
Kalamazoo Valley Community College, 6767 West O Avenue, Texas Charter Township, MI 49009
About This Event
On April 18, 2011 we all suffered a great loss when Officer Eric Zapata from Kalamazoo Department Public Safety was killed in the line of duty. He dedicated his life to serving the people of Kalamazoo and preserving the safety of our community. To honor Eric and his legacy, the Eric Zapata Memorial Foundation was created. Proceeds for this event will be used to establish a scholarship fund for individuals enrolling in Law Enforcement programs at Kalamazoo Valley Community College and Grand Rapids Community College.
5K Run/Walk and 10K Run for 2017
The 10K course is a double loop of the 5K course route
This is a run only and a course time limit of 1 hr 20 min. All participants must be off the course by this time limit.
2017 - Firefighter Challenge and Tactical Operator Challenge
For firefighters, law enforcement, and military personnel. Do you want to run in your uniforms? Signup in the correct category and qualify for special awards.
The Race/Walk will be held at Kalamazoo Valley Community College located at 6767 West “O” Avenue, Kalamazoo, Michigan. The 5K Run/Walk and 10K Run will begin at 9:00 am. Check-in & same day registration begins at 7:00 am until 8:30 am at Kalamazoo Valley Community College. Event occurs rain or shine..
The EZ Memorial 5K is also a dog friendly event!
- Friday - Early Packet Pickup & Registration: Friday from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm at Kalamazoo Valley Community College inside of Gym A. Signs will be posted directing participants to Gym A.
- Saturday - The 5K Run/Walk and 10K Run will begin at 9:00 am.
- Check-in & same day registration begins at 7:00 am until 8:30 am at Kalamazoo Valley Community College. Event occurs rain or shine.
2017 Promotion - Apple I-Pad
One lucky registrant will win an Apple I-Pad courtesy of Blue Line Remodeling! Must be present to win prize.
2017 Monthly Drawing
People who register early are automatically entered to win a Nikon digital camera courtesy of Norman Camera! Drawing is done each month!!
Pre-Registration Fees for 5K and 10K Events - (Registration fees have been reduced for participants not wanting a T-Shirt)
Feb 14 to April 13
• Adult - $20.00 without a tee shirt (tee shirts will be an additional $10.00)
• Student (18 yrs and Under) - $15.00 (tee shirts will be an additional $10.00)
• Group/Family Discount Option - $15.00 registration fee for members 3-6 members (tee shirts will be an additional $10.00)
Online Registration Closing
Thursday April 13, 2017 @ Midnight
Registration - Friday and Saturday
$25.00 • Note: no late team/group entries
Age Categories - (5 Year Age Categories)
- Men and Women’s Divisions For All Categories
- Men’s Overall and Women’s Overall
- Men's Masters Overall and Women's Masters Overall
- 10 and Under, 11-14, 15-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64,65-69, 70 and Over
Technical T-Shirts (Registration fees have been reduced for participants not wanting a T-Shirt)
Pre-Registered participants in the EZ Memorial Run/Walk has the option to buy a Memorial Run T-Shirt if ordered before April 9th (11:59 pm). T-Shirts will be Technical Material with an extra fee of $10.00. There are no guarantees for t-shirts after April 9, 2017. All Shirts will have men's and women's cut. An extra charge of $10.00 for a technical t-shirt.
Timing & Results
Timing and results will be provided by Mac's Sports Timing. Results will be posted at the race and online at www.macssportstiming.com
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?