In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
FROSTED FAT BIKE RELAY RACE DAY DETAILS:
• Sunday, January 23rd, 2022
• This is a team relay race in Southwest Michigan on a ½ mile, groomed, flat track.
• The track is located in “The Pit Fitness Ranch” 14791 Hoffman Road, Michigan 49093
• RACE ONE will begin first with a 9:00am start time WITH A MEN'S AND WOMEN'S DIVISION. 4 rider teams will race 100 laps for 50 miles on the ½• mile track. (Limited to the first 40 teams.)
• RACE TWO will race begin after Race One at approximately 12:00pm WITH MEN'S, WOMEN'S, AND CO-ED DIVISIONS. 4 rider teams will race 50 laps for 25 miles around the ½ mile track. That’s only 6.25 miles per rider. *Coed teams must have at least 1 member of the opposite sex represented. (Maximum of 40 teams)
• For the 100-Lap race, the track will open at 8:00am for the 9:00am, and for 50-Lap race, the track will be open after the first race is complete, and the racers have cleared the track.
• When the race begins, your team will make exchanges by slapping hands to switch racers in the designated exchange areas. Each racer will have a chip on their number plate to count their team’s laps.
• We ask that you try to dress in the same kit, or colors to help the spectators follow the lead teams.
• Race will be announced by Brian McDaniel of Mac’s Sports Timing.
• Cost is $200.00 per team, or $50 per rider. Register as an individual, naming your team during the registration process.
• Following the races, we will crown the champions, at the post race celebration. 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Teams will receive our signature Frosted Fat Tire Trophy, one for each rider of the winning relay team.
• A heated pole building will be used as The Frosted Fat Tire Fat Bike Relay headquarters. Clark Logic will provide insulated warming containers and a couple warming fires will be strategically placed near the race area for riders and spectators. Teams are encouraged to bring team tents for protection from the elements, warmth and training bike set up. (Electricity will not be provided for portable heating devices.)
• The Post Race Celebration will feature a South Bend Premiere Wedding and Event DJ. Food and beverages will be provided for participants and available for spectators.
• Will this be more fun for the Racers or the Spectators? Whatever the case, this won’t be a candle party! Be sure to dress for the days elements.
1. Fat bikes must be equipped with a minimum of 3.7 inch width tires.
2. YES…YOU CAN SHARE BIKES!
3. No regulations on how bikes are equipped, but only Fat Bikes allowed.
4. No E-Bikes
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.