The mParks Foundation is hosting a Virtual 5K (3.1 miles) the month of September to raise funds for local recreation and park opportunities. (You can run, walk, skateboard, SUP, bike, surf or swim a 5K anytime during the month of September.)
The mParks Foundation has donated more than $3,000,000 to Michigan communities to build accessible playgrounds and waterparks. We have purchased handicapped accessible hunting blinds, have made it possible for people in wheelchairs to get to the water when they are at the beach, and have paid for lifts for people to get in and out of boats, at some of our State Parks.
It is our goal to make recreation available to all Michigan citizens, regardless of ability. Each of our partnering communities has a specific project or program that the monies raised will go towards.
Thank you for helping us move Michigan forward as one of the top states in accessible recreation.
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL RACE?
A virtual race is a race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, at the gym or on the track (or even at another race). You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself. Your medal will be shipped directly to you.
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Participation Medal
- Training Program (via email)
- Healthier body
- Tax-deductible donation letter
EXTRA INCENTIVES FOR RAISING MORE FUNDS
- If the runner raises $50: t-shirt
- If the runner raises $250: sweatshirt
COST FOR PARTICIPANTS
- $30 each, plus the processing fee.
- A family of four+ members can register for $100.
(For each $50 raised by the family one member would earn the t-shirt. All would receive medals.)
- Auburn Hills Parks & Recreation
- Bridgeport Parks & Recreation
- Canton Leisure Services
- Chesterfield Township Parks & Recreation
- Delta Township Parks & Recreation
- Farmington Hills Special Services
- Ferndale Parks & Recreation
- Frankenmuth Parks & Recreation
- Garden City Parks & Recreation
- Genesee County Parks
- Howell Parks & Recreation
- Huron Valley Pools and Fitness
- Independence Township Parks, Recreation & Seniors
- Kalamazoo Parks and Recreation
- Lansing Parks and Recreation
- Livonia Department of Parks and Recreation
- Mackinac Island Department of Recreation
- Marshall Parks & Recreation
- Meridian Township Parks & Recreation
- Monroe Parks and Recreation
- Northwest Ottawa Rec Authority (NORA)
- Novi Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services
- Oakland County Parks & Recreation
- Orion Township Parks & Recreation
- Oxford Township Parks & Recreation
- Petoskey Parks & Recreation
- Pittsfield Township Parks & Recreation
- Romeo, Washington, Bruce Parks
- Saline Community
- Sterling Heights Parks & Recreation
- Thomas Township Parks & Recreation
- Troy Recreation Department
- West Bloomfield Parks
- Ypsilanti Parks & Recreation
- Ypsilanti Township Recreation
- mParks Foundation