RACE SOLD OUT
Be a part of something big. For the third year, Fleet Feet and Brooks will come together on June 5 to host The Big run. The annual nationwide 5k brings thousands of runners together on Global Running Day to do what we love most--run.
Last year, 16,000 runners logged 25,000 miles at more than 100 events in more than 20 states. Help us top that number this year. Why? Because we want to bring running to more communities; we want more people to set goals and meet them; we want more people to experience that feeling of accomplishment as they cross the finish line.
Because running changes everything.
We want to see the whole community participate because, seriously, running together rocks. Let us recap the ways:
- You get to join Fleet Feet Sports communities across the country participating in a nationally-coordinated event in different locations all on the same day.
- It's on a Wednesday—who couldn't use a mid-week pump-up?
- We know some people. And some pretty cool brands (cough, cough, Brooks). Let's just say, we're planning some fun raffle giveaways and category prizes.
- Date: Wednesday June 5, 2019
- Time: 6:30pm
- Location: Fleet Feet Sports Springfield, 1254 E Republic Rd, Springfield, MO 65804
- Fee: $30 through June 4th, 2019, $35 June 5th & 6th (if not sold out)
- Course: 5K (3.1 mile) loop in South Springfield. Course map HERE .
- All results form certified, timed 5k races will funnel into a national leaderboard to determine the overall male and female winners as well as the fastest runners in each age group. Those winners will receive cash prizes.
- National fastest overall male and female winners - $600 total
- National age group winners - $100 each
- Common Ground: Finish with the most common finish time for The Big Run, and we'll enter you into a drawing for something BIG! - $500
- Middle of the Pack: We'll recognize the male and female who finish in the exact middle of all The Big Run results. - $500
- Social Butterflies: Each store can thank the three people (per event) with the most-engaged social media posts from The Big Run with portable blue tooth speakers, see attached. Participants should include #thebigrun, @brooksrunning and @fleetfeetsports in the post to be eligible.
- Race T-shirt, medal and post race snacks (size guaranteed if registered by May 21st)
- Chip Timing
- Individual awards to top M/F and top M/F Masters (40+) and top 3 in each age group at our race in Springfield
- Age groups: <14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Race Day Schedule
- 12-6pm - Packet Pickup at Fleet Feet Springfield
- 6:30pm - Race
- 7:30(-ish) pm - Awards
- Race limited to 200 runners
- Parking: In front of Fleet Feet Sports and adjacent retail lots
- From the Hwy 60 - Exit at National Ave. Head south to Republic Rd. At National, head east to 1254 E Republic Rd.
- From Hwy 65 - Exit at Hwy 60 / James River Expressway and head west. Exit at National Ave. Head south to Republic Rd. At National, head east to 1254 E Republic Rd.