In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
HONOR THE BRAVE
Started in 2015, the Memorial Day Mile connects thankful citizens with Memorial Day observance through an annual race held on Memorial Day morning.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What’s the race format?
- 8:55am National Anthem and Honorary Start
- 9:00am Female Competitive Mile (must be able to run under 10 minutes for 1 Mile)
- 9:20am Male Competitive Mile (must be able to run under 10 minutes for 1 Mile)
- 9:40am Family Walk/Jog/Run
- 10:15am Awards (Age Groups: 1-6 7-8 9-10 11-12 13-14 15-16 17-19 20-24 25-34 35-44 45-54 55-64 65-74 75-99)
- 11:00am Memorial Day Service on the Johnson County Courthouse lawn
How much does the race cost and what do I get for my entry fee?
- Entry fees: $12 for 18+ and $6 for under 18
- Every participant receives a Memorial Day Mile t-shirt and a finisher medal
- Shirt and bib pick up is the Sunday before the race 1pm-5pm and from 7:15-8:30am on race day near the amphitheater
- No shirts or medals will be mailed except for Virtual Race participants
- Water is provided at the finish of the race
Are pets allowed? Sorry, no pets. Unfortunately, our insurance won't allow pets.
Where is race held and what’s the course? Everything centers around the Johnson County Courthouse in Franklin, IN 46131. Click the link to see a map of the course: 2023 MEMORIAL DAY MILE COURSE
How many people run/walk? The Memorial Day Mile has more finishers than any other Mile race in Indiana and was the 9th largest Mile race in America in 2019. In 2022 over 1,000 runners and walkers finish the race.
If I run the competitive race, can I do the family race with my family? Absolutely!
Do you provide restrooms? Restrooms in the amphitheater area will be open and Porta Johns are located at the start/finish area.
Where can I find results from last year’s race? Results from 2022 can be found here: 2022 RACE RESULTS
Why do you put on the race? To connect thankful families in our community with Memorial Day observance by giving runners, walkers, families and friends an opportunity to come together in downtown Franklin to walk/jog/run prior to the annual Memorial Day Service. Memorial Day Mile, Inc. is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization.
Anything else I need to know about the race? Below is a list of the 165 men from Johnson County who paid the ultimate price for our freedoms and a 2 minute Memorial Day Mile race video.
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.