In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
We have reached our max capacity for the Mix and Mingle and have opened up a waiting list. We may be able to open up a few more spots later on once we determine how many spots will be filled by sponsors and other special guests. Those on the wait list will be given the first shot at any new spots that are opened on a first come, first serve basis.
Due to strong demand, we have expanded capacity for the Seminar Speech/Q&A Session by moving from the Auditorium to the Atrium in Wake Forest Biotech Place at Innovation Quarter. We can now accommodate at least 200 people for the speech at 7:30pm on January 7..
Kick off the first weekend of 2023 with a fun filled weekend featuring speaker Des Linden! The TCTC Winter Seminar will coincide with the Frosty Fifty race weekend. Des Linden will run the Frosty Fifty 25K race followed by afternoon and evening events with Des.
Desiree "Des" Nicole Linden is an American long-distance runner. She represented the United States in the 2012 London Olympics and the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics women's marathon. In 2018, she won the Boston Marathon, becoming the first American in 33 years to win the woman's category in the event. She holds the women's 50K world record of 2:59:54.
- IG & Twitter: @des_linden
- FB: @desiree.davila
- Team USA Bio: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-track-and-field/athletes/Desiree-Linden
- 7:55AM: 25K, 50K & 50K Relay @ Salem Lake Marina
- 3:30 - 5:30PM: Exclusive Mix & Mingle with Des (SOLD OUT)
- featuring Local Bourbon/Whiskey Tasting & Appetizers
- @ Salem Lake Marina, 815 Salem Lake Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27107
- 7:30PM - 8:30PM: Winter Seminar Speech by Des with Q&A to follow
- in the Atrium at Wake Forest Biotech Place, Innovation Quarter
- 575 Patterson Ave, Winston-Salem, NC 27101 (enter building from Patterson Avenue entrance)
- Free parking at Innovation Quarter P2 & P3 Parking lots from 5pm until 10pm (Map Here)
- Suggested gathering spot for dinner and/or drinks before or after speech: Incendiary Brewing Company and Cugino Forno Pizzeria Winston Salem. Several other local options within walking distance of venue.
20% discount off the online price for TCTC members. Club membership discounts are automatically applied on the payment page during registration. You should use the account you used to register for the club to apply for this discount..
- $10 discount if you sign up for the Mix and Mingle and the Seminar Speech
- Special pricing for youth under the age of 18 for the Seminar Speech
- Events have capacity limits, so register soon.
Pre-order an inspirational memoir from Olympian and Boston Marathon winner Des Linden, sharing both her personal story and what motivates her to get up and run every day. You can pre-order the book when you register for the seminar or see the link below to order now.
Pre-order customers will be provided a signed copy when books arrive. Available for pickup at Bookmarks in Winston-Salem around April 4, 2023. Shipping not available.
Join us at Salem Lake for one of FOUR races fit for any distance! Celebrate your run with post race food, homemade soup and beer from Radar Brewing!
Night 5K (Friday, 1/6/23)
25K (15.5 miles: 2 loops. 12.5K/loop)
50K (31 miles: 4 loops. 12.5K/loop)
Gwyn's Grace 50K Relay: 4 person relay team. Each leg = 12.5K loop
Race discounts available for anyone that registers first for the Winter Seminar events. Discount code will be provided in your confirmation email.
The TCTC Winter Seminar is an annual event held every year since 1988 that features runner focused speakers in a social setting. The primary purpose is to inspire, educate and entertain seminar attendees. The seminar is open to anyone that registers to attend.
200 Brookstown Ave, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27101
$129/ night plus tax and fees
Guests can call reservations at 336-701-3904 and mention they are with the Frosty Fifty and Winter Seminar Group to receive the group rate, or you can use the booking link below to reserve online.
Last day to book: December 10th, 2022
Click here to make an online reservation at Brookstown
3050 University Pkwy, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27105-4230
$79/ night plus tax and fees
You may cancel your reservation for no change before 04:00 PM local hotel time on Friday January 06, 2023.
Click here to make a discounted online reservation at Best Western
The Mix and Mingle will be held at the Salem Lake Marina
The Seminar Speech will be held at Innovation Quarter
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your activity experience.
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.