Featured Speaker: Keira D'Amato
We are hosting our Winter Seminar the weekend of February 17, 2024 with American long-distance runner & 2024 Olympian hopeful Keira D'Amato! Among many accomplishments, she’s held the American women’s full & half marathon records, held the second fastest qualifying time headed into the 2024 USA Olympic Women’s Marathon Trials, and does this all while balancing being a wife, mother, realtor & entrepreneur!
Enjoy a fun filled Winter Seminar weekend featuring Keira D'Amato! The TCTC Winter Seminar weekend will start Saturday with afternoon and evening events with Keira, followed by a Sunday morning community fun run with Keira (and proceeds benefiting H.O.P.E of Winston-Salem – a local nonprofit that works at the intersection of children’s health and food insecurity)! This weekend will be sure to inspire, educate and entertain all ages while bringing lots of laughs!
Keira D'Amato is an All-American runner, turned Realtor, turned Pro Runner for Nike + Realtor (a lot happened from point A to point B), turned Marathon American Record Holder. She runs because she loves it, but she also has a lot of unfinished business from her first round of running to set straight.
Outside of professional running and a career in real estate, she also has her own running store in the greater Richmond, Virginia area - where she lives with her husband and two children.
- Strava (for her collection of jokes & lots of running): Keira D'Amato
- IG: @keiradamato
- World Athletics Profile: https://worldathletics.org/athletes/united-states/keira-damato-14307211
Saturday's Exclusive Mix & Mingle
- 3:30 - 5:30PM: Exclusive Mix & Mingle with Keira
- featuring some local comedy from UNCSA's own Aidan Roche, hors d'oeuvres & a signature cocktail/mocktail!
- @ The Historic Brookstown Inn - Cotton Mill Lounge & Foyer
Saturday's Winter Seminar Speech
- 7:30PM - 8:30PM: Winter Seminar Speech by Keira with Q&A to follow
- @ The Historic Brookstown Inn - The Grand Ballroom
Sunday's Community Pun Run
- 8:30AM - 10:30AM: Community Pun (Fun) Run/Walk with Keira
- featuring 3.45 mile route with puns to laugh at throughout, local Krispy Kreme doughnuts & freshly brewed coffee, plus David Daggett emceeing this super fun and casual community run/walk!
- proceeds benefit H.O.P.E. of Winston-Salem (Help Our People Eat!)
- Meeting outside @ The Historic Brookstown Inn - courtyard, with run/walk on The Strollway
H.O.P.E. of Winston-Salem envisions a world where all children and families have access to nutritious food for their families and improved health outcomes over the course of their lives.
H.O.P.E. of Winston-Salem works at the intersection of children’s health and food insecurity. They execute weekend distributions of nutritious meals for children and fresh fruits and vegetables for families struggling with food insecurity. They also address health and food insecurity issues through Food and Health Education initiatives and engage with the food ecosystem in and around Forsyth County.
Partner Hotel Information
The Historic Brookstown Inn, Trademark Collection by Wyndham
200 Brookstown Ave, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27101
$145/ night plus tax and fees
Guests can call reservations at 336-701-3904 and mention they are with the Twin City Track Club's Winter Seminar Group to receive the group rate OR book online here.
Last day to book: January 17th, 2024
ROOM RATE INCLUDES
- Free Hot breakfast (Monday-Friday, 7am - 9am; Saturday-Sunday, 8am - 10am)
- Manager’s reception with wine and cheese (Daily from 5 pm-7 pm)
- Cookies and milk at bedtime (Daily from 8 pm-9 pm)
- Free On-site parking
- Free High-speed wireless Internet
- Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
- Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM
You won't need to get in your car when staying at The Historic Brookstown Inn this weekend!
- $5 discount per event registered for TCTC members. Club membership discounts are automatically applied on the payment page during registration. You should use the account you used to register for the club to apply for this discount.
- Special pricing for youth under the age of 18 for the Seminar Speech & Community Fun Run
- Events have capacity limits, so register soon!
Activity Contact Info
All events will be held at the Historic Brookstown Inn.