In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Course Records - Amberly Club House
3 Mile - Male: H. Noel - 16:36 (2020) 5 Mile - Male: S. Montclair - 24:48 (2020)
3 Mile - Female: N. Folk - 20:43 (2020) 5 Mile - Female: L.A. Taylor - 38:16 (2020)
Every year Amberly hosts a race through our beautiful neighborhood to raise money to support a local nonprofit organization that serves our community selected by the Amberly Community Service Club. This year they chose Special Olympics North Carolina! PLUS because we're racing on Halloween we're giving away some great prizes for Best Costume and Best Family Costume!
Eunice Kennedy Shriver founded Special Olympics with a vision that individuals with intellectual disabilities were far more capable in sports and physical activity than many experts believed possible. In 1968 Mrs. Shriver organized the first Special Olympics International Games in Chicago, Ill. Six athletes from North Carolina were among the participants. Special Olympics North Carolina is one of the largest Special Olympics programs in the world with nearly 40,000 registered athletes who train and compete in year-round programs in 20 different sports.
These programs are organized by approximately 100 sub-accredited local programs throughout the state, and the involvement of more than 40,000 volunteers makes possible nearly 8,000 sport practices and 400 competition events at local, area, state, regional, and national levels each year. Athletes in North Carolina are never charged a fee of any kind to participate in Special Olympics. Generous support from individuals, businesses, foundations, and civic groups helps fund the training facilities, uniforms, awards, equipment, transportation, and coaches’ education that are important to every athlete’s experiences.
Their Mission: To provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Scroll down for more details about how you can win great prizes and swag by referring people to sign up with you!
The Amberly Charity Race is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Amberly Charity Race please email Info@FitandAble.net for more information!
* Final race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the in-person race. Additional updates may be sent up to the morning of the in-person race.
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
Race Location: Amberly Club House (1075 Residents Club Drive, Cary, NC 27519). (Venue subject to change as permitted by local officials.)
Course Information: The course is around the roads and trails of Amberly subdivision and greenways; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 3 Mile, 5 Mile, or Fun Run. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be a water station on the course and near the finish line. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets. Participants may pickup packets for others if they have a screenshot or photocopy of their photo ID.
Volunteers: We need your help! If you're available to assist us with registration, handing out water, and cheering on runners please sign up to volunteer between 8:00 AM -12:00 PM. Sign up through the link in the menu!
Race Souvenirs: All participants who register for the 3 Mile and 5 Mile by October 15th will receive a t-shirt. Fun Run participants can purchase a t-shirt for $10 until October 15th. * In-person race packets will not be shipped and will only be available on race day!
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports and Fit & Able Productions. All awards will be mailed or emailed to their recipients the week after the race. Save your Amberly Charity Race bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes on October 28th at 6 PM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
* Final virtual race information will be emailed to all registered participants the week prior to the virtual race window. Additional updates may be sent up to the end of the virtual race window.
Race Location: Anywhere you want to run! You can run wherever you are comfortable: on the greenways, in your neighborhood, even around your living room. Just stay safe, have fun, and log the distance you signed up to run.
Course Information: Course conditions depend on the weather and where you choose to run. There will not be an athletic trainer or any water stations provided on the course other than public restrooms and water fountains available at parks. A virtual race is BYOB!
Events: All results must be submitted by participants; we highly recommend tracking your run on RaceJoy (completely optional!), which can automatically submit your finish time. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
Race Souvenirs: All participants who register for the virtual 3 Mile and 5 Mile by October 15th will receive a t-shirt. Virtual Fun Run participants can purchase a t-shirt for $10 until October 15th. * Virtual race packets will be shipped! ** Breakable items cannot be shipped but can be picked up at the in-person race; a non-breakable finishers gift will be substituted for shipped packets if needed.
Packet Pick-up: Race packet shipping is included with virtual race registration. Virtual race participants may also pick up their packets at the in-person race. * All virtual race packets will be shipped the week following the in-person race.
Awards: Awards are provided by Fit & Able Productions. All awards will be emailed to their recipients the week after the race. Save your Amberly Charity Race bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes on October 29th at 10 AM.
Sign up, invite friends and family to join you, and get over $150 in rewards and swag! Yes, really!
1. First, sign up for the 5K or greater distance!
2. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a unique referral link in your confirmation email to share with your friends and family or post on social media. Get more info on Referral Refunds here.
3. Get 5 friends to sign up using your unique referral link and you will automatically receive a $15 refund. Boom!
4. Get 5 more friends (10 total) to join you and get up to another $15 of your registration fee back.
5. Get another 5 friends (15 total) to sign up and we will send you a FREE "Certified Fit & Able" t-shirt.
6. But if you can get 25 friends or family all in to race with you, then we will give you $100 CASH!
PLUS, if your friends and family sign up through your referral link within 72 hours they can use the special code in your registration confirmation pop-up to get a $5 discount at checkout too!
You can also potentially get up to $15 off each team member's registration fee when you recruit a Charity Race Team!
1. First, create a Charity Race Team while you're signing up for any distance!
2. Invite your friends and family to sign up and join your team. (Pssst... they can use your unique referral link so you get the credit towards the referral swag!)
3. After 10 members join the team all will get an automatic $5 refund on their registration fee! Plus a $5 discount for future team members.
4. When your team reaches 25 members everyone will get another $5 refund! Plus a $10 discount for future team members.
5. AND, when your team reaches 50 members everyone will get yet another $5 refund! Plus a $15 discount for that last team member!
ALSO, you can get up to $25 of your registration fee back when you choose to become a fundraiser for any participating charity while signing up and requesting a refund if you raise at least $250 (must check the box during signup!).
Some Restrictions Apply. Message Info@fitandable.net if you have questions.
If you have a song you'd like us to add to the Official Amberly Charity Race Playlist (and it's both appropriate for all ages and fits the Amberly Charity Race theme!), then please send your suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out!
The Amberly Charity Race and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers!
We are providing you with RaceJoy as part of the official race experience for the Amberly Charity Race.
Download the RaceJoy mobile app in advance to ensure proper phone setup. Invite your friends and family to track you and send you cheers!
Some key RaceJoy features include:
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.