In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Fit & Able is proud to announce the Cary Greenways Tour to mark the 41st Anniversary of Cary's Greenway system! Cary is the best place to live and one reason is that Cary has more than 30 parks and natural areas, more than 90 miles (and growing!) of greenways, seven special use facilities, four world-class sports venues, and nine staffed all-ages program facilities. If you want an active, healthy place to live for your family, Cary is the place for you!
Fit & Able is partnering with the Town of Cary to provide an annual Tour of the Cary Greenways, including a marathon, half-marathon, 10K, 5K, and Kids Dash. Just like Cary Parks & Rec. this event has something for everyone!
Play It Forward: We will be accepting donations to support the Town of Cary Parks & Recreation Scholarship Program for Youth Sports and 100% of the Kids Dash fee will go to support this program too. It is in keeping with the Town of Cary’s philosophy to ensure that all citizens receive equal opportunity to participate in recreation. The Town provides the opportunity for Cary residents to apply for scholarships and/or reduction of fees for Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources’ programs. There are many needs in our community that have been met because of the support of this program. Your tax deductible donations of any amount are welcome anytime.
All runners will get a Cary Greenways Tour shirt and finishers medal if registered by September 15th. * Shipping included for virtual races.
Scroll down for more details about how you can win great prizes and swag by referring people to sign up with you!
The Cary Greenways Tour is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Cary Greenways Tour please email Info@FitandAble.net for more information!
* * * Due to the evolving pandemic recommendations and requirements any specific changes to event operations for protecting participant health and safety will be emailed to all registered participants prior to the race. Virtual options are available for those runners who aren’t comfortable racing in person yet but still want to participate in the event. Please check your email the evening before the race for the latest updates. * * *
* Final pre-race packet pickup and race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the race.
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
Race Location: Fred G. Bond Metro Park (801 High House Rd., Cary, NC 27513). (Venue subject to change as permitted by local officials.)
Course Information: The course is out-and-back on the Town of Cary's paved and natural greenways; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The start and finish are at the Kiwanis Shelter. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 10K, Half-marathon, Marathon, or Fun Run. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be water stations on the course and near the finish line. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet. Early packet pickup details will be announced the week prior to the race.
Volunteers: We need your help! If you're available to assist us with registration, handing out water, and cheering on runners please sign up to volunteer between 8:00 AM -12:00 PM.
Race Souvenirs: Cary Greenways Tour shirt included with Full, Half, 10K, and 5K registration and finishers medal guaranteed if registered by September 15th. First come first serve while supplies last after that date. Kids Dash participants will receive a medal and can purchase a shirt separately for $15. * In-person race packets will not be shipped!
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports and Fit & Able Productions. Must be present to receive awards; no awards will be mailed out. Save your Cary Greenways Tour bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes on September 30th at 6 PM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
* Final pre-race packet pickup information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants the week prior to the virtual race.
Race Location: Anywhere you want to run! You can run wherever you are comfortable: on the greenways, in your neighborhood, even around your living room. Just stay safe, have fun, and log the distance you signed up to run.
Course Information: Course conditions depend on the weather and where you choose to run. There will not be an athletic trainer or any water stations provided on the course other than public restrooms and water fountains available at parks. A virtual race is BYOB!
Events: All results must be submitted by participants; we highly recommend tracking your run on RaceJoy (completely optional!), which can automatically submit your finish time. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
Race Souvenirs: Cary Greenways Tour shirt included with Full, Half, 10K, and 5K registration and finisher gift guaranteed if registered by September 15th at 12 PM. First come first serve while supplies last after that date. Kids Dash participants will receive a medal and can purchase a shirt separately for $15. * Virtual race packets will be shipped!
Packet Pick-up: Race packet shipping is included with virtual race registration. All packets will be shipped the week following the in-person race.
Awards: Awards are provided by Fit & Able Productions. Awards will be emailed to winners. Save your Cary Greenways Tour bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes on October 1st at 10 AM.
Sign up, invite friends and family to join you, and get over $150 in rewards and swag! Yes, really!
1. First, sign up for the 5K or greater distance!
2. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a unique referral link in your confirmation email to share with your friends and family or post on social media. Get more info on Referral Refunds here.
3. Get 5 friends to sign up using your unique referral link and you will automatically receive a $15 refund. Boom!
4. Get 5 more friends (10 total) to join you and get up to another $15 of your registration fee back.
5. Get another 5 friends (15 total) to sign up and we will send you a FREE "Certified Fit & Able" t-shirt.
6. But if you can get 25 friends or family all in to race with you, then we will give you $100 CASH!
PLUS, if your friends and family sign up through your referral link within 72 hours of you registering they will get a $5 discount automatically applied at checkout!
You can also potentially get up to $15 off each team member's registration fee when you recruit a Charity Race Team!
1. First, create a Charity Race Team while you're signing up for any distance!
2. Invite your friends and family to sign up and join your team. (Pssst... they can use your unique referral link so you get the credit towards the referral swag!)
3. After 10 members join the team all will get an automatic $5 refund on their registration fee! Plus a $5 discount for future team members.
4. When your team reaches 25 members everyone will get another $5 refund! Plus a $10 discount for future team members.
5. AND, when your team reaches 50 members everyone will get yet another $5 refund! Plus a $15 discount for that last team member!
ALSO, you can get up to $25 of your registration fee back when you choose to become a fundraiser for any participating charity while signing up and requesting a refund if you raise at least $250 (must check the box during signup!).
Some Restrictions Apply. Message Info@fitandable.net if you have questions.
If you have a song you'd like us to add to the Official Cary Greenways Tour Playlist (and it's both appropriate for all ages and fits the Cary Greenways Tour theme!), then please send your suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out!
The Cary Greenways Tour and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers!
We are providing you with RaceJoy as part of the official race experience for the Cary Greenways Tour.
Download the RaceJoy mobile app in advance to ensure proper phone setup. Invite your friends and family to track you and send you cheers!
Some key RaceJoy features include:
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.