In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.raceforepilepsy.org/.
This race is being held to raise awareness to both the public and individuals with epilepsy, that depending on certain variables an individual with epilepsy can be employed. Funds raised will be donated to CURE Epilepsy, a non-profit organization.
West Stewart Parkway & W Main Street
Washington, NC US 27889
IF YOU WANT TO PARK IN THE HARBOR PARKING LOT, YOU MUST PARK BEFORE 6AM! All roads in the following areas will be closed from 6AM until 11AM: Stewart Parkway, Main Street from US 17 to the intersection of Park Drive/3rd St, and 2nd Street from US 17 to the intersection of Park Drive/3rd Street will be shut down as of 6AM. NO PARKING OR DRIVING on those roads will be allowed in that area after 6AM. The parking lots highlighted in green on the map are locations where you can park for free. Please advise participants, volunteers, spectators, and the public that any vehicles in those areas that are closed down as of 6AM WILL NOT be able to leave until the road(s) are opened back up by the police.
Half Marathon: 7:00 AM EST
5K: 7:00 AM EST
Fun Run/Walk: 7:45 AM EST
Half- $45 (through Jan 1), $50 (Jan 2- Feb 1), $55 (Feb 2- Feb 16), $65 (race day)
5K- $15 (through Jan 1), $20 (Jan 2- Feb 1), $25 (Feb 19- Feb 16), $35 (race day)
Fun Walk- $5
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS - NO EXCEPTIONS - NO PERSON TO PERSON TRANSFERS. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE, SELL OR TRADE YOUR REGISTRATION TO ANOTHER PERSON.
- No bandits (non-registered participants), bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, wagons or pets allowed on the course. You will be asked to leave the course by officials along the way.
- Strollers are permitted, but must be staged at the back of the runners.
- Race numbers, timing chips and participant t-shirts must be picked up at the packet pickup (see packet pickup below) and will not be mailed.
- Runners and walkers will be staged in corrals at the Start, based on predicted finish time. Walkers are required to stage at the back of the Start.
- Race For Epilepsy Half Marathon walkers MUST maintain a 15:30 min/mile pace in order to meet the course time limit to finish by 10:30 AM.
- Runners MUST stay within the cones where marked. Any participant who runs outside the cones will be disqualified for the race.
- Recommends against the wearing of headphones in races. Use extreme caution in any use of headphones in training or routine running. Our participants must consider the safety of themselves and others in deciding to use headphones.
- Runners using headphones/earbuds are required to stay to the right of the course allowing faster runners to pass them on the left.
Feb 16, 3-7 PM at Fleet Feet Sports, 709 Greenville Blvd SE, Greenville, NC 27858.
Race day (on-site at the intersection of W. Main St. & W. Stewart Parkway in Washington, NC). There will be a table setup in the parking lot under a purple canopy.
7:00 AM- Half Marathon/5K start
7:45 AM (approximate)- Fun walk/run start
10:30 AM- All half marathon runners must finish- course will close and timing will close.
Half Marathon Awards:
1st through 3rd overall male/female
1st through 3rd male/female in each of the following age groups: 19 & under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over
1st through 3rd overall male/female
1st through 3rd male/female in each of the following age groups: 12 & under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over.
Entry to each event includes a custom event tech shirt and finish line celebration.
THE FIRST 125 HALF MARATHON FINISHERS WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM FINISHERS MEDAL. FOR ANY ADDITIONAL HALF MARATHON FINISHERS, THE MEDAL WILL BE MAILED TO YOU.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?