In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.lacey5k.com.
Saturday, August 22, 2020
At Gille Park, Manchester Ave., Forked River
Proceeds Benefit Substance Abuse Prevention, the Recreation Dept., and the Lacey Food Bank
***PLEASE NOTE ALL CHANGES THIS YEAR DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS***
Registration on Friday, August 21st at the Recreation Dept from 10am to 7pm. THERE WILL BE NO IN-PERSON REGISTRATION ON RACE DAY.
5K Race starts at 8:30AM. Starting format will be mass start. All participants are requested to wear a mask at the start. Mask may be removed once the event starts. Masks will be provided at the finish.
Results and awards will be based on NET TIME to allow all participants to maintain a safe distance. Please ensure that your bib number is worn on the front, and you pass both start and finish mats.
Live results will be on a scrolling monitor as well as posted here https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/11189/. You can also click on the Results tab above. Since results and awards are based on NET TIME, results are subject to change. Please check back regularly for your placement.
See below related COVID-19 section for additional information and requirements.
Entry Fees: 5K - $25 Pre-registered by Aug. 6th; $32 after (non-refundable)
Students 18 and under - $20 Pre- registered by Aug. 6th; $25 after
USATF Members— 5K - $20 Pre-registered by August 6th only
THERE WILL BE A PARTICIPANT LIMIT OF 300 PARTICIPANTS FOR THE 5K.
Early Packet Pick-up & Post Registration: Fri., Aug.21st at the Recreation building, 10am to 7pm (THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATION ON RACE DAY)
Awards: Overall top three Male and Female (No Duplicates)
Awards: Top three M/F 12 and under, 13-15, 16-19 and 5 year age groups (thru 80+); Top Lacey Resident M/F;
Course: Flat USATF certified 5K course thru award-winning, scenic Gillie Park
Amenities: Custom designed performance Tech shirts guaranteed (adult sizes only) to pre-registrants
while supplies last, ChronoTrack Timing Technology by Elite Racing Systems,
multiple water stops, clocks at mile 1 & 2, prize drawings and Post-Race BBQ sponsored by Applebee's
Directions: Garden State Parkway to exit 74 (Forked River). Turn right on Lacey Rd., take jug handle just
before traffic light (2nd light from GSP north bound or 3rd light from GSP south bound) onto
Manchester Ave. Gille Park will be on the left. Use the second entrance into the park.
Please note the following changes/requirements regarding this event as it relates to COVID-19:
1. At this time, the event will occur but is subject to change based on the evolving guidelines and recommendations of the pandemic.
2. There will be NO race day registration. All registration will be online (registration closes at midnight on Thursday, August 20th) or in-person on Friday, August 21st.
3. There will be NO awards ceremony.
4. CDC and local guidelines related to COVID-19 must be followed at all times. All participants are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer and practice social distancing. Face covering must be worn at all times, except when running.
5. No spectators will be allowed. If the participant is under 18 years of age, they will be permitted to be accompanied by one (1) adult.
6. The start will be a mass start. All participants must wear a mask and social distance prior to the start. Results and awards will be based on NET TIME.
7. The event organizers will conduct a health screening on race day.
8. MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms on race day PLEASE do not attend the event. The success of this event and our community is dependent on all of us doing our part.
We appreciate everyone's support of this event, and need your help to make this a safe and successful event.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.