In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.ashenfelter8k.org/.
Please join us for the A8K Classic. Ashenfelter 8K Classic and the Tom Fleming One Mile Run benefiting the Glen Ridge Educational Foundation.
The 8K Run honors local hero and Olympic Champion, Horace Ashenfelter, who won the steeplechase event at the 1952 Olympic Games in Helsinki, Finland.
The 1 Mile Run honors local hero Tom Fleming who won the 1973 and 1975 New York City Marathons.
COURSE: The 8K Course is a USATF Certified “relatively flat” road course with two water stops through historic Glen Ridge. The one mile course is USATF certified; an out and run back on Ridgewood Avenue.
USATFNJ Open and Masters 8K Championships - 700 Points - USATF NJ Members receive a $3 discount Up until 11/16 (discount taken off during the registration process)
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
• Long sleeve “tech tops” or cotton T-shirts to the first 3000 Pre-Registered Participants of the 8K and the First 400 Pre-Registered Participants of the 1 Mile. Limited shirt availability for race day registrants.
• Trophy to the overall M/F winners of the A8K Classic & Tom Fleming 1M.
• A8K: Commemorative Embroidered Apparel will be awarded to the top 3 finishers (male & female) in each of the following divisions: first overall, 9 and under, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39 etc., then 5 year increments through all master’s divisions
• Tom Fleming 1 Mile: First Place Award in each age category: Ages 3 thru 18 (M & F). All 1 mile participants will receive a commemorative medal
• Commemorative mug to the first 100 male & first 100 female finishers in the A8K.
• Prize Money - 2018 USATF-NJ Members Only. Top Three Overall & Top Three Age Graded Masters, M & F $150, $100, $50
Proceeds from the A8K and the Tom Fleming 1M fund the Glen Ridge Educational Foundation, a not-for-profit organization providing supplemental funding to the Glen Ridge School system.
Rain or Shine
• Post Race Refreshments
• Long sleeve “tech tops” or cotton T-shirts to the first 3000 Pre-Registered Participants on a first-come, first serve basis
• Scoring by Compuscore. Race results will be available on the Internet at www.compuscore.com.
GPS: 200 Ridgewood Ave, Glen Ridge, NJ
- From the Garden State Parkway, take exit 148 (Bloomfield Avenue exit). Take Bloomfield Avenue West to Ridgewood Avenue in Glen Ridge. Turn Left onto Ridgewood Avenue. The start of the race is just two blocks South on Ridgewood Avenue. Turn Right onto Woodland Avenue and look for parking. Ok to park on Bloomfield Ave.
• No parking on Ridgewood Ave.
From Saturday, November 18th through Sunday, November 19th, you can register at Fleet Feet Sports, 603 Bloomfield Ave, Montclair, NJ (973) 509-9707 and receive a 10% discount on all purchases!
Race Day Registration and Pre-Registered Race Packet Pick-up will be at the Glen Ridge High School, 200 Ridgewood Avenue, on Wednesday, Nov. 21st from 5-8 P.M. and Race Day beginning at 7:00 A.M.