In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Going outside for a run, walk, or a dog walk has helped many people keep their spirits up during the COVID-19 crisis. Given this, HomeFront has decided to host a VIRTUAL Run/Walk on June 7, rather than cancel its annual Run/Walk. You can register to do a 10K, 5K, one-mile Run/Walk, or a dog walk on June 7 – on your own, as a family, or as part of a "virtual team". You will be joining a large community of people coming out that day (or on their treadmills), all at 9am, to raise money for HomeFront's summer and year-round programs for local children in need. These life-changing programs serve over 400 local children per year who are homeless or at-risk. Although we can’t be all together this year for HomeFront’s Run/Walk due to COVID-19, we’re making HomeFront’s VIRTUAL Run/Walk a BIG COMMUNITY EVENT in many of the following ways:
1. You can see everyone who is participating on FaceBook: After you register, we invite you to:
2. Everyone can run/walk to the same song playlist we’re making – This will include songs performed by many local bands who want to support HomeFront’s children’s programs. The song list can be downloaded at HomeFront's Facebook Event for the VIRTUAL Run/Walk by June 1.
2. We will all be wearing the same bibs pinned to our shirts, so everyone we pass will know we are on the move to support local kids in need. See how many other bib-wearing walkers and runners you pass that day. We will email you the bib that will say: “I’m VIRTUALLY at the HomeFront Run/Walk for Hope".
3. At 9am on June 7, everyone can tune in together to the FaceBook Live kick off, before we start running/walking. This will be a 5 minute live stream to get everyone excited to start.
4. Everyone can post a picture of themselves finishing (and their time if they want) to the HomeFront VIRTUAL Run/Walk Facebook Event. You can see how many people were out at the same time as you, to show their support. We are not giving prizes for fastest times, but we have amazing prizes for the largest VIRTUAL team and for the top fundraisers (see below for details).
5. We will make a compilation video of all participants who choose to upload a clip of themselves singing “We are the Champions” (by Queen) when they finish their Run/Walk/Dog walk. We will share this compilation video with Run/Walk participants, so everyone can see how they were one part of a big event. We will also share the video with the kids who participate in our children’s programming, to show them how many people care are about them.
Prize for largest VIRTUAL team - Free backyard concert at your office or one of your teammate's homes by the local band, THE HIVE.
Prizes for the largest fundraisers:
1st Place - Free night stay and breakfast at the Nassau Inn, Princeton
2nd Place - Lunch at Cheesecake Factory with Homefront founder and CEO, Connie Mercer
3rd Place - Free dinner at Alchemist & Barrister
This is a rain or shine event... but please go to your treadmill if there's thunder :)
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.