Medford, NJ US 08055
Saint Peter's Church is a blessed community of Faith grounded in the power of God's transforming love, where Jesus Christ welcomes all to abundant life. Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we follow Him in prayer and praise, study and service.
St. Peter's parish is a growing, vibrant Christian community. Its members are serious about their faith, seek to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and dedicated to sharing God's Word. We have high ambitions for St. Peter's outreach to the community. Our members value being fed spiritually at the Eucharist and are gladdened by the opportunity to come to the altar for prayers of healing. We value the friendliness and mutual support of each other. We value the opportunities for education for adults and children on Sunday mornings, at other times during the week.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Registration Start: 7:30am | 5k & 1 Mile Start: 8:30am
Location: St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, 1 Hartford Road, Medford, NJ 08055
Race Day Registration: 5k & 1 Mile $30. (Online Pre-Registration: $25. thru June 16)
Early mail-in registration must be postmarked by June 10, 2016. Please do not register by mail during race week.
Rain or Shine, sorry, no refunds.
Top 1 Male & Female Overall (5k) ~ Top 3 Males & Females in Age Groups (5k)
The 5K will start and finish at St. Peter’s Church. The flat, shady course runs through the scenic Christopher Mill neighborhood and features two (2) water stations and traffic control monitored by Medford Twp. Police Dept.
Saint Peter's Church, which was officially organized as a mission parish of the Diocese of New Jersey in 1874, originated in 1868 when a small group of Christians began meeting in the home of a local physician, Dr. Sharp and expressed their desire for Episcopal church services in Medford. Continued growth led to the "Mission in the Pines" project to acquire the land and raise the necessary money to build the church. Local Episcopal hurches, namely St. Andrew's, Mount Holly, Saint Paul's, Camden and Saint Mary's, Burlington, supported the project. On November 18, 1875, Bishop Scarborough of the Diocese of New Jersey laid the cornerstone of the new church building on Union Street in the village of Medford. Services were first held there on February 10, 1876 and the building consecrated by Bishop Scarborough on January 25, 1877. Although the original church building is still standing, it no longer serves as a church.