In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
TO ALL RACE PARTICIPANTS:
RACE BIB: There is a link in your confirmation email to view and print your race bib.
RACE RESULTS: If you want to submit your time, click RESULTS in the top menu and then click Submit Virtual Results.
FINISHER CERTIFICATE: Click on your name in the Results list and then click Certificate to view and print.
The 16th annual Kortney’s Challenge 2 Mile FUN Run/Walk will be held virtually again this year. Although we miss seeing everyone in person, the health and safety of all our supporters continues to be most important. Our first Virtual Kortney's Challenge held in 2020 was a huge success. Over 500 people from around the country and around the world participated. This year's race takes place from Friday, July 30, through Sunday, August 1.
No matter where you live, you can participate in memory of Kortney and other children who have succumbed to brain tumors, and in honor of those fighting and yet to be diagnosed. COVID-19 won’t stop kids from being diagnosed, treated for and dying from brain tumors, and #WeWontStop supporting lifesaving research to help them. Together we stride to Help Get Brain Tumors Off Kids’ Minds. The Virtual Kortney’s Challenge 2 Mile FUN Run/Walk is your chance to get moving and connect with others across the country as we all stride together to help create a world where brain tumors don’t define a child’s life.
1. Register. Registration is only $15.00 per person. Kids 12 and under are only $10.00. Consider joining a team or starting a new team and getting your friends and family to join you. Share this event with at least ten people and ask them to participate or donate. Let's spread this across the county.
2. If you have a T-shirt from a previous Kortney's Challenge, go retro and wear it!
3. Download and print out your race bib.
4. Run or walk two miles, more or less. Do it on a treadmill, around your neighborhood, in the park, wherever you are safe. Complete your race between Friday, July 30, and Sunday, August 1, at midnight.
5. Print out your finisher's certificate.
6. Post a photo of your run/walk to Facebook or Instagram. Tag @thekortneyrosefoundation and use #kortneyschallenge.
With the registration fee at only $15.00, the only way we are going raise a lot of money is by getting lots of people participating and collecting lots of donations. Become a fundraiser, create your personalized fundraising page, and send it out to your friends and family.
Fundraisers who raise at least $250 as of midnight on August 1, 2021, will receive a "Think Happy Thoughts" hoodie. (We will contact qualifying fundraisers for their size and color choice.)