In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
While the pandemic is stopping us from physically getting together this year, it won’t stop us from virtually striding to cure pediatric brain tumors during the 15th annual Kortney’s Challenge 2 Mile FUN Run/Walk. We’ll certainly miss seeing everyone this year, especially after the amazing success of last year’s event, but these kids are still relying on our help. This year Kortney’s Challenge, usually held on the first Sunday of August, will be held the first WEEKEND in August.
No matter where you live, you can participate in memory of Kortney and other children who have succumbed to brain tumors, and in honor of those fighting and yet to be diagnosed. COVID-19 won’t stop kids from being diagnosed, treated for and dying from brain tumors, and #WeWontStop supporting lifesaving research to help them. Together we stride to Help Get Brain Tumors Off Kids’ Minds. The Virtual Kortney’s Challenge 2 Mile FUN Run/Walk is your chance to get moving and connect with others across the country as we all stride together to help create a world where brain tumors don’t define a child’s life.
1. Register. Registration is only $10.00 per person regardless of age. We know this is a challenging time for all and that’s why we’re keeping the registration fee low. Consider joining a team or starting a new team and getting your friends and family to join you. Share this event with at least ten people and ask them to participate or donate. If they participate and they send it to ten of their friends, we can spread this across the county.
2. We’re going retro this year and asking you to wear one of your previous Kortney’s Challenge T-shirts if you have one. Which one will you choose?
3. Download and print out your race bib.
4. Run or walk two miles, more or less. Do it on a treadmill, around your neighborhood, in the park, wherever you are safe. Complete your race between Friday evening, July 31, at 7:30, and Sunday, August 2, at midnight.
5. Print out your finisher's certificate, with or without your completion time.
6. Post a photo of your run/walk to Facebook or Instagram. Tag @thekortneyrosefoundation and use #kortneyschallenge.
With the registration fee at only $10.00, the only way we are going to make a big impact is if we get lots of people participating and lots of people donating. Set up an individual fundraising page and send it out or create a fundraising team and ask people to join you in fundraising.
Individual fundraisers who raise at least $250 as of midnight on August 2, 2020, will receive one white "Think Happy Thoughts hoodie. Individual fundraisers who qualify will be contacted for their size.
A message from the Children’s Brain Tumor Tissue Consortium (CBTTC)
The spring of 2020 is a unique and challenging period for communities around the globe. In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, virtually all facets of our society have been impacted. However, childhood brain cancer - a clear and present danger for thousands of children and their families around the world - has not slowed down due to this pandemic. Fortunately, the investigators, clinicians, patient advocates, foundations, and leaders who have dedicated their time to finding cures have not lost focus. Despite any current or future challenges, #WeWontStop until cures and better treatments for pediatric brain tumors are discovered.