In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Borough of Somerville Press Release:
Due to the increase of positive COVID-19 cases in Somerset County and the today’s announcement that Governor Murphy will be signing an Executive Order reducing outdoor gathering to 150 people, the Borough of Somerville has decided to move the Somerville 5K Turkey Trot to a 100% virtual race. The Race Committee had limited the amount of in-person entries this year in preparation that a second wave of cases were predicted. However, the rapid increase this past week raised significant concerns and to ensure the safety of the volunteers, vendors and participants we have made the responsible decision to move the race to 100% virtual. Many of you have trained hard and while you will not be running next to hundreds of participants, you are able to achieve your goals by competing virtually. We encourage you to participate virtually. Registrations will automatically be transferred to the virtual event. No action is required at this time. The virtual 5k will be held from Nov 26-29. Additional details will be provided to participants within the next few days regarding shirt pickups, race instructions, etc.
November 23, 2020
Dear Somerville 5K Virtual Turkey Trot Participants:
A few quick reminders as we approach Thanksgiving…
VIRTUAL OBJECTIVE: Allow runners the opportunity to complete a 5k course of their own choosing, and at their convenience. Participants are required to run/walk within the established dates. Finishing times can be posted, and compared with others within their age division. All participants can print a virtual bib, and completion certificate. Perfect option for family and friends that may be separated during the Thanksgiving holiday to stay connected. Families can schedule their own virtual race from different locations at a designated time to compete against each other.
MISC INFORMATION: Shirts can be picked up tomorrow and Wednesday between the hours of 12-3pm, and 5-7pm. Location: Carol Pager Sports Complex Garage, 89 Green Street (across from the YMCA). Multiple shirts can be picked up for friends and family members. Please wear a mask and adhere to social distancing requirements.
COURSE MAP: The official course map is attached. Participants may choose to run the course to compare times to past results, or to set goals for next year. Participants are allowed to utilize the official race course at any time Thursday – Sunday since the live event was cancelled. Participants are expected to adhere to all social distancing guidelines.
STRAVA: Participants are encouraged to join our free running club, Somerville Recreation Running Club to share other routes, stay motivated, and for friendly competitions throughout the year. You may join at https://www.strava.com/clubs/somervillerec
REFUNDS: Refunds will not be issued.
QUESTIONS? Contact Kathy Gerndt, Borough of Somerville, Director of Recreation at email@example.com
Thank you for supporting our event! We look forward to seeing you in person next year.
Continue to stay healthy and fit!
November 17, 2020
Dear Participants –
Please review the RunSignUp instructions below to complete the following options for the upcoming Somerville 5K Virtual Event:
1. Selecting Direct Ship option for shirts ($5 fee will be applied). Preference must be updated by 11:59pm on Thursday, November 19.
2. Printing a Virtual Bib
3. Submitting Virtual Times
4. Printing Completion Certificate
If you prefer to pick up your shirt in person, we will be distributing items on Tuesday, Nov 24 and Wednesday, Nov 25 from 12-3pm and 5-7pm. Location: Carol Pager Sports Complex, 89 Green Street, Somerville. Please pull into the parking lot near the garage and someone will assist you. Masks must be worn.
How to View/Edit Registration
If you registered for a Race and would like view or edit your registration, this article is for you!
Begin by logging into your account, and go to your “Profile” page. On the “Profile” page, see Races under Upcoming Events. This shows a list of all Race(s) that are coming up. You are able to manage the registration for the Race by clicking "Manage Registration".
The Manage Registration page allows you to view your registration information as well as perform the following options (if available):
· View Registration Information
· View Registration Transfer Status
· Resend Confirmation Email
· Sign Waiver
· Defer Registration
· Request Refund
· Transfer to Another Event
· Transfer to Another Runner
· Update Giveaways
· Update Add-ons
· Join/create existing Groups/Teams
· Setup Fundraisers
· Update Question Responses
· Sign up for Result Notifications
· View Refund Policy
To print virtual bib
Click on Find A Participant tab, then click on your bib #
After you click your bib #, you can print the bib and wear it during your run if you would like.
To submit times for virtual run
Click on Results Tab , then click on Submit Virtual Results button. ( after you enter your time you can also upload a picture of your run )
To print your completion certificate – click on your results – then click on Certificate
Fee - $20 Non-Refundable
USATF Certified, Sanctioned 500 Grand Prix Points
Parking Information: Parking is available at the parking deck: 59 Veterans Memorial Drive. Entrance is between Warren St. and Hamilton St.
Schedule: 8am Start
Race results will be available at: http://www.bestrace.com
Times will be posted for the following categories (both male and female): Overall 1-3; 10 and under; 11-14; 15-19, 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70-79; 80+
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
ALL RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED. THE RACE DIRECTOR AND TIMING COMPANY, RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANYONE NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO FOLLOW THESE RULES, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR THIS RACE.
1. Guidelines are subject to change. All NJ Department of Health and CDC guidelines will be adhered to.
2. All runners are required to wear masks/face covering pre-and post-race. Race staff and volunteers must wear masks at all times.
3. Race is capped at 450 participants. No exceptions.
4. Race will be held rain or shine.
5. Refunds will not be issued.
6. T-Shirts will be guaranteed to all 5K registered runners
7. Participants may opt to be transferred to the virtual race.
8. Online registration only. No race day registrations will be accepted.
9. Packets (bibs and shirts) must be picked up in advance at Borough Hall, or at the Firehouse. Dates and times to be announced.
10. Water will not be supplied - runners should bring their owner bottles
11. Participants must wear masks when using the Porta johns and there will be 6-ft spacing marked on waiting lines. Hand sanitizer will be readily available.
12. Start “line” replaced by grid - runners stand on marked spots at 6 ft. spacing runners/walkers will be allowed to start every 10 seconds, 7 runners wide. Elite runners should line up in the front of the pack, walkers towards the rear.
13. Chip timing will be used and all finishing positions calculated based on Chip Time, NOT GUN TIME!
14. Runners are expected to leave the finish area ASAP. No congregating in groups afterward.
15. Results will be streamed live and no paper results will be printed. No awards will be given.
16. During the race runners must adhere to a “no drafting” rule similar to triathlons, i.e. they must maintain a 6-ft. separation from runners they pass or when being passed.
17. No dogs or baby strollers are allowed. (Revised 10/26/20)
Objective: Allow runners the opportunity to complete a 5k course of their own choosing, and at their convenience. The virtual race is designed for those that feel less comfortable with the social distancing requirements of the live race. Participants are required to run/walk within the established dates. Finishing times can be posted, and compared with others within their age division. All participants can print a virtual bib, and completion certificate. Perfect option for family and friends that may be separated during the Thanksgiving holiday to stay connected. Families can schedule their own virtual race from different locations at a designated time to compete against each other.
Shirts will be provided to all participants, and can be shipped for an additional $5. (Shirts may arrive after the event has concluded.)
Participants are NOT allowed to utilize the official race course during the live event, but may do so at other times. This rule will be strictly enforced so that we don’t exceed the gathering limit established by the State of New Jersey.
Participants are expected to adhere to all social distancing guidelines.
5K Certified Course
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.