In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.irunfit.org.
March is National Brain Injury Awareness Month! The Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital is partnering with RunFit and Strive to bring the 2nd annual Run, Walk and Roll in an effort to support the Brain Injury Alliance of New Mexico.
Register today for our virtual fun run/walk event that you can complete any time from Saturday, March 5th through Sunday, March 13th!
All proceeds benefit the Brain Injury Alliance of New Mexico.
Brain injury is unpredictable in its consequences. It affects who we are and the way we think, act and feel. Brain injury can change everything about a person in a matter of seconds. The most important things to remember are:
• A person with a brain injury is a person first
• No two brain injuries are exactly the same
• The effect of a brain injury is complex and vary greatly from person to person
• The effects of a brain injury depend on factors such as to cause, location, and severity
At Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital, we treated 168 individuals with traumatic, non-traumatic, and other neurological injuries in 2021. 82% of those patients were able to return home with loved ones and family to continue the recovery associated with brain injury. Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital offers a Brain Injury Program certified through the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). This is the only CARF Certified Brain Injury Program in New Mexico.
March is National Brain Injury Awareness month! The Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital is partnering with RunFit and Strive to support the Brain Injury Alliance of New Mexico in an effort to educate our community about brain injury services and support. Register today for our virtual fun run/walk event that you can complete anytime between Saturday, March 5 through Sunday, March 13! All proceeds benefit the Brain Injury Alliance of New Mexico.
You choose the time and place to start and finish your distance
EVENT SCHEDULE: March 5-13, 2022
Note: You may run or walk your event beginning March 5, 2022; however, please see Packet Pickup and “Shipping” information below as to when packets will be available.
The global COVID-19 pandemic has had an unprecedented impact on our running community. Guidelines are changing every day and new challenges present themselves in this new environment.
The health and safety of both our participants and their families remain our primary concern. Based on our risk assessment, available resources, and the ability to obtain the permits to hold an event this size, we have joined a partnership with The Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital to bring you the Rock - Walk and Roll Virtual Event to support the Brain Injury Alliance of New Mexico in an effort educate our community about brain injury services and support.
RunFit prides itself on being able to provide a safe and positive race experience for everyone. While we would love to see each one of you at our finish line in person, at this time your health and safety are more important.
Register for the Run Rock and Roll and receive the following:
· Ring Spun Active Wear Tee Shirt
· Finisher Medal
March 4-13, 2022
10:00 to 6:00 p.m.
8000 Paseo del Norte NE C-14
Albuquerque NM 87122
PLEASE NOTE: All registered participants may pick up their event packet: Event Bib, T-Shirt, and Medal at the time and location listed above. For those who purchased the “shipping,” your race swag will be mailed out beginning March 1, 2022, or sooner and continue as registrations come in.
If you choose to have your packet mailed to you. please make sure you enter your mailing address when registering for the event and add the additional charge for shipping. All other packets will be available at Packet Pickup.
Your race packet will include your race shirt and finisher medal.
Be sure to follow social distancing and other safety measures provided by the State of NM and your local government regarding COVID-19 as you participate.
Follow these 3 easy steps to run/walk your 10K, 5K, or 1-Mile!
* Step 1:
Walk or run ANYTIME between March 5-13, 2022 and record your race time using: Strava, Garmin, MapMyRun, MapPedometer.com, or a simple stopwatch.
* Step 2:
Email your race completion time to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Include first and last name, run date, event (10K, 5K, or 1-Mile), city and state, and race completion time in the body of the email. Note: Subject line: Run Walk and Roll Virtual Run Result Information
Note: You may also post your times and information on RunSignUP Results
* Run/walk times must be submitted by 11:59 pm (mtn.) on March 13, 2022.
* Step 3:
Submit a selfie on the Lovelace Run Walk & Roll Facebook page:
* Post on https://www.facebook.com/events/1078845759514742/?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A[%7B%22mechanism%22%3A%22search_results%22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22search%22%7D]%2C%22ref_notif_type%22%3Anull%7D
* Submit a selfie after your run/walk or a pic of the location you ran/walked!
* In providing a photo or selfie you allow Lovelace to share your pic on the Lovelace Run Walk and Roll Facebook page (The pic you provide will not be used for sales or marketing purposes without written permission.).
Please note: Steps 2 and 3 are optional.
Questions and Information:
Here are answers from our first Q and A session about the Run Rock and Roll:
Can I still register for the Run Rock and Roll Virtual Run? YES! All the 2022 events are virtual, and registration is still open for the 10K, 5K, and 1-Mile.
· If the State of NM lifts the COVID-19 restrictions, will you offer a live – in-person – event? No. The 2nd Annual Run Rock and Roll is currently a Virtual event with no plans this year to become live.
How will this event be timed? Record your race time using: Strava, Garmin, MapMyRun, MapPedometer.com, or a simple stopwatch. There will not be any official timing system set up.
Will the course still be shared with the runners if we want to run that route? Yes. If you are interested in running the course, please email us using the contact information below. Note: You must follow traffic signs and abide by all rules of the road. There are no mile markers, barricades, or course signage along the course, and you assume all risk.
If we do the run virtual, will we still get the shirt and the medal? Yes! You will receive a finisher’s medal and an event tee shirt.
· Will there be packet pickup? We are planning on a packet pick across several days. Packet Pickup information is located above, please see “Packet Pickup.”
· What will the accountability procedure be to “prove” we ran the distance? You are on the honor system this year. There is no prize purse, so no one’s running for the money. Unless you made a wager with your friends, but that is on you. Strava dopers, do your thing, but that is not really the spirit of the event.
Will time limits still be put in place? Sort of, but they are generous! We are opening the completion window from March 5-13, 2022.
· Do I have to complete the distance all at once? You do not need to complete the distance all at once. Break it up do it alone or with a friend. Just and fun and be safe.
Will there be medals? If so, how, and when will they be received? All participants will receive an event t-shirt and finisher medal to be picked up at Packet Pickup or mailed to you (Please note: If you choose your packet to be mailed, please select the “shipping” when you are registering. The packets will be mailed to address you provide when registering).
Is there a nonprofit or charity tied to the event? You bet! The Brain Injury Alliance of New Mexico:
Will there be mile markers to help me stay on course? We will not post formal mile markers on the roads, but mile markers are listed on our published maps. And again, the official course will NOT be coned, marked, or closed to traffic. If that is the route you choose to run, then you take full responsibility for yourself and your actions.
What about flexibility in start and finish times? Yes! We are essentially opening the completion window from March 5-13, 2022.
Got more questions or ideas to make this the BEST EVER virtual event? Send them our way to email@example.com
While we wish we could see you all in person, please be sure to tag @LovelaceHealthSystem and use #RunWalk&Roll so that we can cheer you on and congratulate you on a great race!
As we get more questions that benefit the group, we will add them here. We look forward to sharing this experience with you come March!
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.