In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
The Triathlon begins in the Town of Oyster Bay and takes you through surrounding towns. It begins with a 1/2 mile swim in calm Oyster Bay Harbor. Next, you will bike a one loop 15K (*bike course could be subject to change due to road construction), over hill and dale, thru beautiful Oyster Bay, Laurel Hollow and Oyster Bay Cove. Fairly hilly but downhill and flat to the finish. Lastly, you will run a 5K thru Mill Neck and Brookville, "Up" to the Planting Fields Arboretum and back "Down" to Roosevelt Park. Town of Oyster Bay residents receive a $10 discount on individual registration and a $6 discount for each team member
TOP 10 OVERALL (M & F) + FIRST PLACE OVERALL RELAY TEAM
TOP 5 (M & F) MASTERS (40 plus)
TOP 5 M & F IN ALL AGE GROUP DIVISIONS
14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 plus.
(Under 14? Join us for the Junior Triathlon on Saturday!)
TOP 3 M & F IN CLYDESDALE AND ATHENA
(Clydesdale & Athena will not be scored in age groups)
Clydesdales: Male Open (39 and under) and Masters (40+) 220+
Athenas: Female Open (39 and under) and Female Masters (40+) 165+
TOP 3 TEAMS IN EACH DIVISION OF THE RELAY: MALE, FEMALE, COED, FAMILY
NO DUPLICATION OF AWARDS!
PLEASE NOTE : This is not a USAT event. You are racing at your age as of race day!
• YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 14 YEARS OLD TO COMPETE. (Youngsters between the ages of 8 and 13 are invited to compete on Saturday, August 24 in the Runner’s Edge-TOBAY Junior Triathlon!)
• YOU MUST BE BODY MARKED ON THE MORNING OF THE RUN PRIOR TO ENTERING THE WATER. (Save time by “self marking” your right calf, right shoulder and right hand with your race #, using a thick permanent
magic marker) Please note : Race Officials reserve the right to remove any participant from the swim (a) who in the unchallengeable judgement of the officials will not be able to finish the swim within thirty five minutes after the start of
the participant's assigned wave or (b) whose continuing participation in the swim, in the unchallengeable judgement of
the officials, might be dangerous to the participant ’s health or safety. Removal from the swim shall result in disqualification.
• YOU MUST WEAR THE BRIGHT COLORED SWIM CAP THAT WE PROVIDE!!
• YOU MUST RACK YOUR BIKE IN THE ASSIGNED NUMBERED SPOT.
• YOU MUST WEAR AN APPROVED HARD OR SOFT SHELL HELMET AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON THE BIKE, AND IT MUST BE STRAPPED BEFORE MOUNTING AND UNTIL AFTER DISMOUNTING!
• NO ASSISTANCE TO A COMPETITOR BY ANY OTHER PERSON IS ALLOWED.
• NO HEAD PHONES AT ANY TIME DURING THE COMPETITION!
• TEAM MEMBERS MUST STAY IN DESIGNATED TRANSITION AREA, ABSOLUTELY NO NON-COMPETITORS (FAMILY, FRIENDS, ETC.) WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE TRANSITION AREA AT ANY TIME!!!
• MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: PARTICIPANTS MUST PRACTICE GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP & BE COURTEOUS TO THE OTHER COMPETITORS AND THE EVENT STAFF AT ALL TIMES!!!
• PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO OBEY ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES = DISQUALIFICATION! THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!
• Your bib number is your entry to the party
Runner’s Edge, 242 Main Street, Farmingdale:
Wednesday, August 21, 2019 from 3:00PM to 7:00PM
Thursday, August 22, 2019 from 3:00PM to 7:00PM
Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Park, Oyster Bay:
Saturday, August 24th, 2018 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday, August 25th, 2019 5:45AM to 6:45AM.
Special early pickup raffle THREE GREAT prizes!
Pickup Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday- be eligible to win one of three great prizes-one for each of the three days.
Giant Post Race Raffle!
When you pick up your packet, please be prepared to show ID. If you are picking up a packet for someone else, you MUST have a letter of authorization.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION. REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE AT ALL OF THE PACKET PICKUP TIMES PRIOR TO RACE DAY.
From the Northern State Parkway (Exit 35N) or the Long Island Expressway (Exit 41N), go north and bear RIGHT onto ROUTE 106. Take 106 north (2 lanes) and continue for about 4 miles. After crossing over Route 25A, Route 106 becomes one lane in each direction. Stay on 106 into the hamlet of Oyster Bay. Once in the hamlet go about 6 blocks and make a LEFT turn onto AUDREY AVENUE. Race site is about 4 blocks on your right. Please park in the OUTER parking lot (Fireman’s Field). Do NOT try to park in Roosevelt Park.
595th finisher receives $595 gift certificate to Runner’s Edge!
Tom Shaw was an avid triathlete whose favorite race was the TOBAY Triathlon. He was not the fastest competitor,
but he loved to participate. Tom passed away unexpectedly at age 46 in November 2016. In his last TOBAY race
(2015), Tom placed 595th overall. This award is a celebration of all participants who live in the moment and whose determination to persevere inspires us all.
Wave Chart will be uploaded approximately 2 weeks prior to the event. Waves are based primarily on age and gender.
KEY INGREDIENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL TRIATHLON EXPERIENCE
• Do workouts based on time, not distance. Distance will come with time!
• Keep intensity low to moderate on all long swim, bike and run days.
• Always ease into each workout and cool down towards the end of each workout.
• Train with a friend or with a Sport Specific Group, i.e. Master’s Swim Team, local running club, local bike club. This will faster establish a strong foundation on which to build upon come Race Day...and make for a more enjoyable training program.
• Train on the Runner’s Edge-TOBAY course, or on a similar terrain with hills, once every two or three weeks.
• Do at least one or two open water swims - there are no lines at the bottom of Oyster Bay!
• Keep a training log and use it as a reference to past workouts and as a motivational tool for future workouts.
• Get bike properly fitted; comfort is paramount.
• Run in sneakers that best accommodate your foot strike; seek out a responsible specialty running store.
• MOST IMPORTANTLY - Gain support from your family and close friends before taking on such a training program. Your ability to deal with daily life happenings like jobs, personal chores and other responsibilities and commitments will be less stressful if everyone in your life is on board!
Coach Jose Lopez, President
TRIATHLON GEAR CHECKLIST
· Tri shorts and Tri top or: Swim suit/running shorts/running top
· Swim Cap (provided by event)
· Wet Suit- OPTIONAL (Runner’s Edge in Farmingdale also offers rentals)
· Ear plugs/ nose clips- OPTIONAL
· Helmet- MANDATORY
· Bike Shoes (if using special pedals)
· Bike gloves- OPTIONAL
· Water Bottle for bike
· Running Shoes
· Hat or Visor for Run
· Air pump/tool kit/spare tube
· Towel for transition area
· First aid kit
· Body Glide (anti-chafing)
· Water/ Gu or other nutritional item
GLIRC produces and manages 30+ quality events annually!
Visit www.GLIRC.org to see our full event listing and learn about membership benefits including discounts, training tips, and GLIRC's monthly magazine, Long Island Footnotes.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?