In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
SRC is challenging you to set the "Fastest Known Time" (otherwise known as FKT) that somebody has run from one of our two stores to the other. This challenge is simple. You can start at Smithtown Running Company (Front Door) or you may start at Sayville Running Company (Front Door). It doesn't matter, as long as you finish at the opposite store's front door. It also doesn't matter which route you take to get there, as long as you get there. Age group winners will win swag from SRC. The overall male and female winners will win a free pair of Saucony shoes. You have all of March to attempt your own FKT, and you may attempt your FKT as many times as you would like. Whoever wins is the owner of this year's overall SRC FKT!
Participants in the 2023 SRC FKT Challenge will have the choice between an SRC FKT Rucksack or SRC FKT Fitness Towel. Rucksack, Towel and awards can be redeemed at Sayville Running Company. Please let us know if you would like to pick up your giveaway/awards at Smithtown Running Company.
Towel Dimensions: 24.5"w x 68.5"l
Rucksack Dimensions: 17"h x 10.5"w x 5"d; Approx. 893 cubic inches
OVERALL WINNERS (male and female, 1st place only) will win a free pair of Saucony shoes.
AGE GROUP WINNERS (male and female, 1st place only) will win age group prizes.
- The clock starts when you remove your hand from either store's front door, and the clock stops when your hand touches the other store's front door. You can run in either direction.
- You must keep your watch going at all stops or intersections. This is a race against the clock, so pick a route or a time of day that won't need too many stops!
- You must have proof of your FKT. Strava, GPS, photo, etc. This is mostly based on the honor system, but we will need to validate your efforts with some sort of proof, especially for age group/overall winners.
- Abide to all pedestrian and traffic laws. Your safety takes precedence over any FKT any day.
- Your FKT attempt must be within the month of March. You can attempt your FKT as many times as you would like.
- Have fun!
The current FKT's are: Brendan Martin 58:03 and Caelyn Reilly 1:11:15. They achieved these time during the 2020 FKT Challenge. Aside from running fast, the key to success in this challenge will be your strategy. Devise your own best plan of attack by mapping out the route that you believe is the fastest and safest. You should also figure out the best time of day that you will be able to navigate traffic the easiest and safest. You may also utilize a friend or family member to help you along your course by leading you on bike, or by meeting you at checkpoints with water, fuel, etc. Some people may decide to cut through back-streets to find the shortest possible route, other people may sacrifice a few extra tenths of a mile for a route with less turns. If you really like soft surfaces like Mike Petrina, feel free to use the Greenbelt Trail from store to store. The most direct route might not be the most obvious route, or maybe it is, that's for you to figure out. It doesn't matter how you get there (by foot), as long as you start at one of our shops and finish at the other.
Reminder Sayville Running Company has moved to 19 Main St, potentially saving you 55 meters over 2020.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
1. Click on the results tab on the main registration page
2. Click "submit virtual results" button
3. Find yourself by entering your name
4. Enter your time
Results take a few minutes to update, so it may be a short time before you see yourself on the leaderboard.
Participants may enter results for as many attempts as they make in the month of March.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.