In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.pwp5krun.com/.
The PWP race committee is thrilled to bring you an in-person event on May 16, 2021. This event will not include our typical slate of events, and will follow CDC, NYS and Onondaga County covid safety guidelines. Our goal is to invite the community to participate in the safest manner possible, and we need your cooperation to make that happen. Proceeds to benefit the St. Charles Food Pantry and we will collect non perishable food items on race day.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY
Date: Sunday May 16, 2021 - Starting time 10am
Course: We have modified the course for simplicity, but it’s still a good run! Starts at Cherry Rd Bus loop, moves to Parsons Drive, where runners and walkers will loop the boulevard and return to Cherry Road.
● Scheduled groups of 30 will run or walk the course at staggered 15 minute intervals.
● We encourage you to sign up with your family and friends and you will be able to choose your starting time. Once a starting time reaches capacity, it will close automatically.
● The event will not be chip timed. Please use your phone or watch to self time yourself and then input your time on the leader-board.
● There will be NO race day registration.
Registration: $20 - all runners and walkers will receive PWP buff. T-shirts will be for sale online during the registration process.
● Participants will have two options. Sign up for the in-person event on May 16, or sign up for our virtual event, which will run from May 9 to May 23.
● Cost for either event is $20 and participants of either race will receive a buff. Buffs will be mailed to virtual participants, picked up in-person for in-person participants. Same for those who purchase t-shirts.
● The run and walk will not be timed but participants will be able to enter their times into Runsignup if they wish.
● If you sign up for the in-person event but are sick or not comfortable attending, you can switch to the virtual event and we will mail you your buff. Please just email the race director at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
All social distancing guidelines will be strictly enforced.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
● Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes in advance of your starting time.
● After check in you will be sent to a socially-distanced staging area.
● Runners will be lined up in a socially-distanced manner at the starting line, in two lines of 15, with six feet of distance in between each line, and in between each runner/group of family members running together. *Race volunteers will be available for guidance.
● Hand sanitizer will be available in the start/finish area.
● Two water stops, one on the course and one in the finish area, will be self-serve and will contain small, sealed bottles of water.
● No post-race food, No indoor access and no congregating before or after the race.
● There will be no bathrooms or portapotties available.
● There will be a backdrop in the registration area for you to take finisher photos and then we ask that you leave immediately.
● There will be no timing and no age group winners.
● Gift cards will be raffled off to participants and mailed.
Additional Covid Procedures:
● Volunteers will wear masks.
● Participants must wear masks pre-race, at the start and finish. When you are running on the course you may remove your mask as long as you are distanced from others not in your household.
● Athletes and volunteers will be asked to sign a health form attesting to their current health.
● Athletes and volunteers will be required to have an infrared thermometer check as well as affirmation of being symptom free. Temperature must be 100.2F or lower per CDC guidelines.
IF YOU HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS WE EXPECT YOU TO STAY HOME!
If you are quarantining due to COVID-19 or as a “contact” of someone who has COVID-19, we expect you to STAY HOME. We ask that if you change your mind, you email us ASAP in case we can fill your spot. If local cases spike, the committee, school, and town reserve the right to cancel the in-person event.
We have modified the course for simplicity, but it’s still a good run! Starts at Cherry Rd Bus loop, moves to Parsons Drive, where runners will loop the
boulevard and return to Cherry Road.
This live and virtual race you are participating in has results enabled, meaning you can submit and manage your own results. You can do this directly from the RunSignup Race Page or from your RunSignup profile. During registration, you will be asked to sign up for text messages or email notifications which will allow you to submit your finish time as well.
Submit from RunSignup Race Page: Navigate to the race's RunSignup race page > and select the Result tab > then select Submit Virtual Results.
Submit Virtual Results From Your RunSignup Profile: Navigate to your RunSignup profile by selecting the Profile Icon at the top right hand corner.
Submit TXT Results: First you will need to opt in to TXT results, which you can do either during or after the registration process.
During the Registration Process: Select Sign up for text messages and enter a valid cell phone number.
After the Registration Process: You can go to your Profile > Manage Registration > Virtual Race, and then select Contact Info.
Submit Email Results: If you would rather receive notifications and send results via email, you can choose to sign up for email notifications by entering your preferred email address.
To download your bib number, follow these simple steps:
1. Click here
2. Enter your first and last name
3. Find your bib number and click on it!
All participants will receive a free buff. T-Shirts are for sale for an additional fee.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.