In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at https://www.facebook.com/happyjackfundinc/.
The Happy Jack 5k is an annual, family friendly 5k walk/run that honors the life of our son, John Thomas "Happy Jack" Doyle. All proceeds go to The Happy Jack Fund which provides annual scholarships to HS students who have lost a sister/brother as well as provide families with support who are suffering through the loss of a child. The race is held in West Nyack, NY and is an officially timed out and back style race beginning and ending in Germonds Park. Traffic is controlled by the Clarkstown Police Department. Additionally, we also offer a kid’s fun run for all ages prior to the 5k.
There will be a LIVE race this year as well as a virtual option. Obviously with Covid still being a concern we want to make sure everyone is safe and healthy before and AFTER the event. We are taking the following measures to ensure everyone's safety while also staying in compliance with guidelines set forth by the State and Local Government:
- Temperature check
- Facemask's will be provided by our sponsor Hector Camilo State Farm Insurance Agency
- Start corrals will have no more than 50 participants in each start corral
- The race will use a serpentine start method, meaning 3 to 4 runners will be introduced to the race course slowly to spread participants out
- there will be no spectators allowed at the event (sadly)
- all participants will be required to wear a mask when within a 6ft proximity to other participants (except when on the race course)
- the awards presentation will be done via Facebook LIVE/Zoom link (which will be posted on www.happyjackfund.com). Winners will be able to pick up their award at our sponsor, The Burger Loft/District 96 at their convenience later that morning/early afternoon.
We are very excited to be able to hold this event LIVE this year under the circumstances and we promise to do everything within our power to ensure everyone's safety. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com . Thank you for your continued support and we can't wait to see you all at the finish line.
The Happy Jack Race Committee
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.