In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, please contact us.
- Help us meet this year's $10,000 fundraising goal through a race sponsorship! There are several sponsorship options available to fit the budget of any size business/organization. Download our 5K Sponsorship Packet to learn more or contact our sponsorship coordinator, MaGina New at email@example.com or 1-800-530-7236. There are several sponsorship levels available and your contributions are tax-deductible. The deadline to become a sponsor is March 31, 2018.
-Ida Spence Mission of NKY is an urban mission located in the City Heights community of Covington, Kentucky. They focus on three areas of service to the children and youth in the community. Nutrition: With the help of UMC Foods, provides 4-6 meals a week for the children in the City Heights Community. Education: Provides Christian education through a children’s church program, youth program and various bible studies. Mentoring: Maintains a regular presence in the community with support from volunteers, also working to provide employment opportunities to those that live within the community.
- The Run for the Children 5K features an out and back course that starts and ends at the Spirit of '76 Shelter at Lunken Airport Playfield. The course uses the Lunken Airport Bike Path, which sits atop the levee that protects the airport from flooding of the Little Miami River. The paved path is wide and affords many nice views of the airport for plane spotters. You also get nice views of the river in places. It is fully paved and relatively flat with a few hills. All pre-registered participants receive a free race t-shirt (race day participants receive a t-shirt as supplies last).
We are also excited to partner with the Kentucky Conference's Higher Ed Team this year who will be providing ice cream to all participants after the race!
Race Timing: This year's race will be chip timed - all times will be read electronically and posted online after the race.
Course map coming soon.
- Awards will be presented to the top three overall men and women finishers. Age group awards will also be presented to the top finisher in each age group (excluding the overall winners).
Register By Cost
Registration fees are non-refundable - no exceptions. Registration by check are payable to the Kentucky Annual Conference. Net proceeds donated to Ida Spence Mission.
RACE DAY Registration is available during Packet Pick-up on RACE DAY - Sunday, June 10, 2018, from 2:00 - 5:45pm. For quicker registration, download the race entry form and bring it with you or complete the form and waiver on-site. Cash or check only for on-site registration.
- at Spirit of '76 Shelter on Race Day - Sunday, June 10, 2018, from 2:00pm - 5:45pm. Please have your printed race confirmation and a photo ID with you to pick up your packet. Packets will not be mailed under any circumstance.
- You must complete and submit a race waiver to participate in the race. The race waiver is included with both the online and mail-in registration entry forms.
- If you or a group is interested in volunteering at this year's 5K, please contact Celeste Doll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free parking is available in the lot across the street from the shelter. Indoor bathrooms are available for use in the Marian Ahlering building located next to the parking lot.
The Kentucky Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church
7400 Floydsburg Rd
Crestwood, KY 40014
(502) 425-3884 or (800) 530-7236 Fax (502) 426-5181
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?