In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Break out those running, walking or hiking shoes to become a Defender of Potential! On July 4th, we’ll kick off our #STEPUPBIG Challenge with a bang! Every day, starting July 4th through Labor Day (September 7), you’ll commit to run, walk and/or hike at least one mile, every day! That’s 66 days of getting active on your own time and at your own pace. Can you do more than one mile? Of course! But one mile is all you need to make it count.
One daily mile is more powerful than you can imagine. It represents your strength to self-motivate, crush excuses, and follow through on your goals. Be sure to include your family and encourage others to join your efforts! Challenge a non-running, walking or hiking friend with an easy one mile a day goal or enjoy an after-dinner stroll around the neighborhood with your family. Even if you accept the challenge solo, you’re accepting a daily commitment to treat and take care of yourself all summer.
Challenge yourself or create a team with your family and friends to accomplish running, walking or hiking 66 miles between July 4th and Labor Day. Joining us after our July 4th kick-off? No worries! The goal is a mile a day, so join anytime throughout the next 6 weeks as long as you get that daily mile in!
Now's the time! Register as an individual or join a team and commit to walking that 1 mile a day - that's it! No additional fundraising is required to be a part of the event. Of course, if you'd like to invite others to support your efforts, we've made that optional, we're grateful for your participation either way!
Here's how it works for Individuals:
1. Register for the event as an individual and run or walk your one mile a day - that's all that's required!
2. Submit your results for each leg of your challenge as you go so that you don't have to keep track of your mileage on your own. Please be sure to add up your time as you go and enter it at the top each time. Once you have completed the 66 mile challenge, click on the "get finisher certificate" and you'll have earned bragging rights to say you accomplished the #STEPUPBIG Challenge.
Here's how it works for Teams/Groups:
1. Choose your teammates and come up with a fun team name. The first person to register creates the team. After the team has been created, each team member can join the team during their individual registration process.
2. Once all team members are registered, each team member gets moving where they want and when they want to accomplish the one mile a day challenge.
3. Each team member should submit your results for each leg of your challenge as you go so that you don't have to keep track of your mileage on your own. Please be sure to add up your time as you go and enter it at the top each time. Once every member of your team has completed the 66 mile challenge, submit your results to get your finisher certificate and you'll have earned bragging rights to say you and your team accomplished the #STEPUPBIG Challenge.
How to submit your results:
Set a goal of at least one mile a day and keep track of your mileage throughout the 6 week challenge by following this results link. Submit your results for each leg of your challenge as you go so that you don't have to keep track of your mileage on your own. Please be sure to add up your time as you go and enter it at the top each time. Follow the steps below:
1. Log into your RunSignUp account.
2. Follow this results link.
3. Click on "Submit Virtual Results"
When will my shirt be available?
Shirts will be available following no-contact guidelines beginning the week of 7/6/2020. Look for an email with the address, dates and times for pick up. Alternate arrangements will be made should the scheduled times not work for you.
When will I receive my medal?
Once you complete your 66 mile goal, you'll be invited to our celebration in September to pick up your medal and race bib, More details to follow.
What date do I start the challenge?
After your register, you can start the challenge on any day you would like. Start logging your miles on that date.
How many people can I have on team?
Teams must be made up of a minimum of 2 participants. There is no cap on team members per team.
How long do I have to complete the challenge?
The challenge runs from July until Labor Day (September 7)
What type of material is the STEP UP BIG Challenge shirt?
Gildan Softstyle® Tshirt, 100% cotton, USA Unisex Sizing (YL - 3XL)
When do I need to submit results by?
You can submit results anytime before September 8
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.