In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, please contact us.
The good news is that malaria is 100% preventable! Unlike many other diseases that are awaiting a cure, malaria was eliminated in the US in the 1950s. However, in Sub-Saharan Africa, malaria continues to kill a person every 60 seconds.
It’s for this reason that Otterbein University, Church of the Master and Church of the Messiah United Methodist Churches are partnering to host the Skeeter Stomp 5k Run & 1 Mile Walk on April 26 supporting Imagine No Malaria, an initiative dedicated to the prevention and treatment of malaria in Africa and to beat malaria once and for all.
Tired of slapping your soles over pavement you normally encounter on a 5K race? The Skeeter Stomp consists of an off-road race run entirely on Otterbein’s cross country course. Check out Event Information below for more details.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
WARNING: This is not just another ordinary street race!! The entire 5K and walk take place on the Otterbein cross country course near the City of Westerville Community Center on Cleveland Avenue. The majority of the course consists of grass covered and tree lined paths. But, you might want to keep a brisk pace as you plunge down the wooded ravine and over the foot bridge or you may get bit by Ohio’s own culex pipiens (i.e. skeeter)! There will be plenty of locations for spectators to create a little race buzz, stomp and cheer you on.
Of course spikes are allowed, it’s a cross country course for crying out loud! Mile markers will be placed along the 5K course and a digital clock will be in plain view as you stomp your way across the finish line.
- Pre-race number pick-up begins at Columbus Running Company’s Westerville location (50 N State St) on April 24 and April 25 during normal business hours.
- Race day registration and number pick-up begins at 12:30pm near the start of the race/walk off Cleveland Avenue at the Westerville Rec Center.
- Cash and check will be accepted for race day registration payment. No credit card payment will be available.
- Cash (or equivalent) prizes for the top 3 male and top 3 female finishers and prizes for each age group winners.
- Age groups consist of: 13 and under, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+.
- All pre-registered participants will not only receive great satisfaction in knowing they have done their part in conquering malaria, each will receive a commemorative T-shirt. We’re talking quality shirts so you will want to register by Monday, April 13 to guarantee your size.
- Post-race refreshments include water, bagels provided by Panera Bread and fruit generously donated by Kroger.
- Music will be played before, during, and after the race for you and your guests’ foot stompin’ pleasure.
- Porta-Johns will be available at the course.
- Race Parking: Please park in Otterbein parking lots near the football stadium, see Otterbein campus map for details: campustour.otterbein.edu - Overflow parking is available at Calvary Bible Baptist Church located at 119 N Cleveland Ave, Westerville, OH 43081
- Please arrive no later than 1:40pm.
- We are not held responsible for water, mud or skeeters encountered on the course!