|DarkHorse 5K Challenge||8:30PM EDT||N/A|
Willoughby, OH US 44094
If you are looking for a simple 5K to run, the DarkHorse may not be for you. If running in a park at night with music, lots of lighting effects, special challenges and many more race day surprises, you’ve come to the right place!!
Optional Challenges if you dare!!! ... along the race course including a possible shallow water crossing (weather permitting).
Awards and prizes for completion of challenges (and not based on finish line time)
Run will be timed and results will be posted online following the event.
What you pay:
$25 race day
Race is limited to 400 entries
What you get:
- short sleeve event shirt
- challenge awards
- post race refreshments, door prizes
- pre-race packet pickup details will be posted on event web site
- BRING HEADLAMP OR A FLASHLIGHT - The course will be well marked but please have with you a headlamp or flashlight since much of the course is dark.
- NO PERSONAL MUSIC PLAYERS ALLOWED - The primary reason is for safety. This is a night race with a lot of things going on and we need you to always be aware of your surroundings. Also, we have worked hard to make this race about the experience – share it WITH us!
- PLEASE TRY TO COME EARLY - This is a beautiful park with a small area for parking. We will have volunteers helping direct you where to park. This will get very backed up if everyone waits until 8:30 or later.
- GETTING WET IS OPTIONAL - All challenges are optional. They are meant to be fun and easy enough for almost anyone to do. We suggest you bring a towel and/or warm dry clothes to change into before awards are given out.
- We recommend using the Erie Road entrance on the south side of Chagrin River Park. More info about the park is available here http://www.lakemetroparks.com/select-park/chagrin-river.shtml
Updates and latest info on the event web site here...
Thanks to our hosts, Lake Metroparks, for their help and support!
"Togther we are better... Come move with us!"
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?