In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
We appreciate your patience as we work through race planning. As Governor Stitt announced re-opening our state we were hopeful that Spring Fever Tri 2020 could be rescheduled. Unfortunately, we have no alternative but to postpone Spring Fever Tri to April 2021 because there is too much uncertainty surrounding athlete, volunteer, staff and supporter safety at the event. With Jenks Aquatic Center and Jenks Public School still closed we are unable to safely reschedule.
Many factors went into this decision. Personal safety and comfort, lack of clarity regarding mass gathering restrictions, and newly issued USA Triathlon COVID-19 race guidelines weighed heavily in our decision-making process.
Race volunteers, including medical staff, are a critical element to race success. Spring Fever Tri requires over 50 race volunteers. We reached out to several of our regular volunteers and learned that many feel understandable hesitation volunteering at this time. Additionally, medical volunteers couldn’t be certain of their availability.
All registered participants will be deferred to Spring Fever Tri 2021 race. If you would like to transfer your registration to TAT Chris Brown Tulsa DU in August 2020 please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to transfer your registration to another person for 2021 please email email@example.com with the contact information for the person you are transferring your registration to for 2021 race.
COVID-19 guidelines from USA Triathlon, the governing and sanctioning body of our events, make it effectively impossible to conduct a safe, fun race and fully comply with these guidelines. Some of the key USAT COVID-19 guidelines are:
We’re working to ensure that our 2021 TAT Race Series is worth the wait. In the meantime, we hope to see you having fun and training for the Chris Brown Tulsa Duathlon scheduled for August 23rd, 2020.
Thank you for understanding during this unprecedented time,
We are tentatively planning for the 2021 Spring Fever Tri to be held on 4/18/2021! This short sprint triathlon is a great race for beginners and the experienced racer. The swim is a 400 yard snake pool swim followed by a 12 mile road bike course, ending with a 2 mile flat road run.
The race will be held at the Jenks Aquatic Center in Jenks, Oklahoma. The state-of-the-art Jenks Trojan Aquatic Center is located on the West side of the Jenks High School Campus. The bike course keeps you in Jenks cycling through flat and some hills of Jenks, OK. The 2 mile run is nice and flat that ends at the Jenks Track for post race food and celebration. Plenty of spectating seats available at the track to watch all your friends and family finish their race!
More information can be found on the TAT Race Series website!
Additional race information can be found at http://tatraceseries.com/tat-spring-fever-triathlon.html.
Packet Pickup – RunnersWorld Tulsa, 3920 S. Peoria Ave, Tulsa
As the situation surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to evolve, we are writing to provide an update on TAT Spring Fever Tri which was scheduled for April 19th at Jenks Aquatic Center. Please know that the health, safety and well-being of you and the community at large is our highest priority, and as a special event with the City of Tulsa and Jenks, we are required to abide by their policies.
RunnersWorld Racing and Tulsa Area Triathletes has been coordinating with USA Triathlon and closely monitoring critical developments in recent weeks, including a recommendation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 10 people or more throughout the United States. as well as the Mayor prohibiting of private and social gatherings.
Our goal is to make sure you can still race in TAT Spring Fever Tri so we are working with local officials to identify a new date for this event to be held. We will communicate any updates to all registered participants as soon as available and will notify you when we have made a determination. With our current Shelter-in-Place order effective through April 30th, race status updates will be published today, May 4th and May 18th.
We know that this news is disappointing to you, just as it is disappointing to us. We poured our hearts and souls, as well as countless hours, into this event and postponing is never an easy decision to make. We also understand the hours you have dedicated to training for this race, so please know that this postponement was made with the safety of the entire community in mind, including our most vulnerable populations, and ultimately, the decision was not ours to make. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding during this unprecedented time.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.