In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
ORRC’s free recognition program for any ORRC club member who runs or walks 1,200 miles in one year (averaging about 100/month, or about 25/week). The purpose is meant to be a challenge and motivational tool, and we anticipate about 10% of club members achieving the actual 1200 miles in one year.
Participants who complete 1200 miles in one year receive a jacket the first year, and patches to add to the jacket in subsequent years. You must be a member of ORRC to participate, and be prepared to track your walking and running miles and report them to the club at the end of each month.
Give yourself a challenge and join the 1200 club! Click here to join ORRC if you're not already a member.
What is it?
The 1200 Club is a recognition program for any club member who runs or walks 1,200 miles in one year (100/month, or about 25/week).
• The year measures January 1 through December 31.
• The purpose is meant to be a challenge that we anticipate about 10% of club members achieve.
• There is no charge but participants must be current ORRC members.
• Anyone who completes 1200 miles in one year receives a jacket, and in subsequent years receives a patch to add to the jacket.
• Participants must enter by March 1st. No more registrations will be accepted after that date
• Each month participants submit their monthly totals to the club coordinator via an online link at http://orrc.net/events/1200-club/
• Monthly totals are due no later than one month after the end of the month they are submitting (e.g. February miles are due by the end of March)
• Yearly ongoing totals of all participants will be published in the Oregon Distance Runner (ODR) throughout the year, and are also available to view online at http://orrc.net/events/1200-club/ End of year miles are due no later than January 15th to receive a jacket or patch
What Miles Count?
• Races or training miles
• Running or walking miles
What Miles do NOT count?
• Nothing translated from another sport into miles (e.g. cycling, swimming, or ellipticals)
• Running in the pool
• “Steps” counted on a pedometer during the course of a day that are not part of a standard run or walk (so wearing a pedometer during the day to count up to 10,000 steps does not include steps counted while walking around the office or house)