Additional race information can be found at http://www.boulderbeast.com/index.html.
|Registration ends July 1, 2017 at 11:59pm EDT|
Lock Haven, PA US 17745
The Boulder Beast is a daunting near 27 mile trail race being held on September 23, 2017 (capped at 750 participants)
The team that founded the Megatransect is back. All your favorites will be on display, such as the Boulderfield, Rote overlook, Gorge Trail and some new sights. Our strong group of both recent and legacy Mega veterans are putting the finishing touches on the course. You can figure on nearly 27 miles with about 7,000 feet of elevation gain on one of the most beautiful courses in the east.
As usual, the start/finish is at the Castanea Township Fire Company picnic grounds. There is plenty of camping space and parking available. The fun begins on Friday night with a pre-race party and bag pick-up. You will get a hearty breakfast before the 7:00 a.m. start. After the Boulder Beast is done with you there will be exceptional post-race food, live entertainment and Troegs beer awaiting you.
NO CHANGES - NO REFUNDS - NO BANDITS - NO TRANSFERS
MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE (PARENT/GUARDIAN MUST SIGN FOR ANY PARTICIPANT UNDER THE AGE OF 18)
Registration fee is $70 and includes:
- Boulder Beast hoodie
- Woolrich merino wool socks
- Troegs beer swag (more to come)
Friday, September 22nd:
- Friday night bag pickup 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Pre-race party starts at 6:00 pm with live music
- Come enjoy the campfire all evening long
Saturday, September 23rd:
- Bag pickup starts at 5:30 am
- Race day breakfast (old-fashioned oatmeal, bagels, juice, coffee) starts at 5:30 am
- Checkpoint #2 (Zindel Park about 11 miles into race) - 12:30 pm (2.1 mph average pace)
- Checkpoint #4 (Castanea about 21 miles into race) - 4:30 pm
Post race food and party:
chicken BBQ, potato salad, baked beans, Little Caesar's pizza, Nathan's hot dogs, Troegs beer. The pizza and hot dogs may be enjoyed by family and friends of the competitors all day long.
For more information contact the race director, Jeff Stover at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?