TROUT RUN TRAIL WAIVER
While this event is being held on a recreational trail owned by the City of Decorah and/or Winneshiek County, Iowa, the event is not being sponsored by either the City or the County. You are participating in this event at your own risk. This event is a recreational sport activity, and there are numerous obvious and non-obvious inherent risks always present in such activity despite all safety precautions.
I hereby agree to protect, indemnify and hold harmless the City of Decorah, Iowa and Winneshiek County, Iowa and their respective officers, agents, employees and assigns from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action and damages, including attorneys’ fees, resulting from any accident, incident or occurrence arising out of, incidental to, or in any way resulting from my participation in the Special Event on the Recreational Trail.
PULPIT TO PULPIT WAIVER
In consideration of participating in PULPIT TO PULPIT, and for other good and valuable consideration, I hereby agree to release and discharge from liability arising from negligence PULPIT ROCK BREWING CO and its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, participants, and all other persons or entities acting for them (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Releasees”), on behalf of myself and my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate, and also agree as follows:
1. I acknowledge that PULPIT TO PULPIT involves known and anticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death, and property damage. Results include, but are not limited to, falls; tripping; effects of weather including high heat and/or humidity; traffic; and conditions of the road/course; medical conditions resulting from physical activity; and damaged clothing or other physical property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2. I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of the Releasees. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe that event conditions are unsafe or that I am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I will immediately discontinue participation.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my use of their equipment or facilities, arising from negligence. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should Releasees or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
4. I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I have no physical or medical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else am willing to assume – and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
5. In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so solely in the state where the Releasees’ facility is located, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply.
6. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I agree that if I am hurt or my property is damaged during my participation in this activity, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of any claim for negligence.
I have had sufficient time to read this entire document, and should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to signing. Also, I understand that this activity might not be made available to me or that the cost to engage in this activity would be significantly greater if I were to choose not to sign this release, and agree that the opportunity to participate at the stated cost in return for the execution of this release is a reasonable bargain. I have read and understood this document and I agree to be bound by its terms.
By submitting this entry, I acknowledge (or a parent or adult guardian for all children under 18 years) having read and agreed to the above release and waiver.
Further, I grant permission to all the foregoing to use my name, voice and images of myself in any photographs, motion pictures, results, publications or any other print, videographic or electronic recording of this event for legitimate purposes.