In consideration of you accepting this entry, I, the participant, intending to be legally bound and hereby waive or release any and all right and claims for damages or injuries that I may have against Scoogie Events, LLC, Delaware Valley University, the Event Director, RunSignup.com and all of their agents assisting with the event, sponsors and their representatives and employees for any and all injuries to me or my personal property. This release includes all injuries and/or damages suffered by me before, during or after the event. I recognize, intend and understand that this release is binding on my heirs, executors, administrators, or assignees. I also authorize the use of photographs or videos that include my image for promotional, informational, or other reasons deemed to be in the best interest of the event.
I certify as a material condition to my being permitted to enter this race that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained for the completion of this event and that my physical condition has been verified by a licensed Medical Doctor. By submitting this entry, I acknowledge (or a parent or adult guardian for all children under 18 years) having read and agreed to the above waiver.
I understand and acknowledge that I am legally agreeing to the statements in the following paragraphs of this Waiver Agreement by checking the box below and that these statements are being accepted by Scoogie Events LLC in consideration for (i) issuing me a single event license or permit, and/or (ii) permitting me to participate in any Scoogie Events LLC event; and I further understand and acknowledge that my statements are being relied upon by race sponsors, organizers, administrators, volunteers and other parties defined below as the "Released Parties."
1. I acknowledge that this Scoogie Events LLC event that I have registered for is a test of a person's physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property damage. I acknowledge and agree that it is my responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to safely participate in a Scoogie Events LLC event, and I attest and certify that I am or will be sufficiently fit and physically trained to participate in any Scoogie Events LLC event that I elect to enter. I have no physical or medical condition that would endanger myself or others if I participate in any Scoogie Events LLC event, or would interfere with my ability to safely participate in any Scoogie Events LLC event. I accept responsibility for the condition and adequacy of my competition equipment and my conduct in connection with any Scoogie Events LLC event. I understand that this Scoogie Events LLC event is a drug-free and alcohol-free Scoogie Events LLC event, and I agree not to use drugs or alcohol. I understand and acknowledge the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol and/or drugs before, during and after any Scoogie Events LLC event and I recognize that consumption of alcohol and/or drugs might impair my judgment and/or motor skills. I assume full responsibility for any injury, loss or damage associated with my consumption of alcohol and/or drugs.
2. On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, and anyone else who might sue on my behalf, I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, and FOREVER DISCHARGE Scoogie Events LLC., all Scoogie Events LLC event sponsors, Scoogie Events LLC event producers, Scoogie Events LLC event staff, administrators, officials, contractors, vendors, and organizers (including race directors), volunteers, public officials, emergency responders, all other persons or entities involved with a Scoogie Events LLC event, states, cities, towns, and other governmental bodies and locations in which a Scoogie Events LLC event or portions of a Scoogie Events LLC event takes place, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, insurers, other participants and representatives of all of the above (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses (economic and non-economic), and liabilities of every kind (collectively "Claims"), for death, personal injury, or property damage, which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in, or my traveling to or from, any Scoogie Events LLC event, including but not limited to any Claims for theft, damage to any equipment, negligence, partial or permanent disability, Claims relating to the provision of first aid, medical care, medical treatment, or medical decisions (at a Scoogie Events LLC event site or elsewhere), and any Claims for medical or hospital expenses.
3. I acknowledge and ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS and aspects of a Scoogie Events LLC event. I acknowledge that running, walking and other portions of an event are inherently dangerous and I understand that I will be participating in a Scoogie Events LLC event at my own risk, that I am responsible for the risk of participation in a Scoogie Events LLC event, and that I am waiving and releasing my legal rights to sue for any injury or damages arising out of or resulting from my participation in a Scoogie Events LLC event. I further understand that any injury or damages incurred may be the result of negligence, omission or carelessness by the Released Parties.
4. I FURTHER COVENANT and AGREE NOT TO SUE any of the Released Parties for any of the Claims that I have waived, released, or discharged herein. I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties from any and all expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, including but not limited to attorneys' fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or resulting from, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, my breach or failure to abide by any part of this Waiver Agreement, , and my actions or inactions which cause injury or damage to any other person.
5. I AGREE that prior to participating in a Scoogie Events LLC event I will inspect the racecourse, facilities, equipment, and areas to be used, and if I believe or become aware that any are unsafe, I will immediately advise the Race Director. I FURTHER GRANT to Scoogie Events LLC event organizers, and their licensees the right, permission, and authority to use my name, voice, picture, or photograph, email in any broadcast, telecast, commercial advertisement, promotion, or other account of a Scoogie Events LLC event, and I WAIVE any rights to future compensation to which I might otherwise have been entitled for such use.
6. I understand that unforeseen obstacles and dangers, natural or manmade will occur during the event and that I am participating with caution and take full responsibility to take proper action to avoid these unforeseen obstacles and dangers
7. The parent or legal guardian who signs the Waiver Agreement on behalf of a minor, incapacitated and/or mentally challenged person (hereinafter "Said Person"), hereby acknowledges that he or she has the legal capacity and authority to act on behalf of Said Person to legally bind Said Person to the Waiver Agreement. The parent or legal guardian who signs the Waiver Agreement agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties for any expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, as a result of any insufficiency of legal capacity or authority to act on behalf of Said Person in the execution of the Waiver Agreement.
8. If any provision of this Waiver Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Waiver Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.