- Where will be the race be held? At Keeneland Race Course at 4201 Versailles Rd, Lexington, KY 40510. The Start/Finish line will be near Barn 2.
- What time does the race start? The 5K and 10K races will start at 9:00 am.
- What time should I arrive? Please arrive at least one hour before the race start time.
- Where will I park? Parking is available in the main parking areas near Gate 2 at Keeneland. You may enter the grounds through Gate 1 at Man-O-War and Versailles Rd until 8:15 am.
- How should I exit? Gate 2 will be open after the event as an exit, please be cautious of runners on Old Clubhouse Lane if you leave before the courses are clear. Gate 1 at Man-O-War and Versailles Rd will be closed between 8:15 am and until the section of the courses on Keeneland Blvd is clear at approximately 11:00 am.
- What is a Santapede Team? A Santapede team is a group ranging in size from 3 to 10 participants and is only available for the 5K race. There’s one hitch—you have to be linked together with a garland or ribbon throughout the entire 5K race. Teams can consist of adult and child members in groups of 3 to 5 or 6 to 10. We will recognize the top finishers in each category, as well as those Santapede teams that celebrated the holiday spirit most brightly.
- When does online registration close? Online registration will close on Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at midnight.
- Can I register on race day? Yes! Race day registration will be available for an increased fee over pre-registration fees.
- What do I get for my registration fee? Your registration fee includes a race t-shirt. NOTE: Race t-shirts are not guaranteed if you register after Friday, November 30th.
- Is there a benefiting charity? Yes, all proceeds are used to provide scholarships for kids to participate in summer camps through the YMCA of Central Kentucky.
- Can I get a refund of my registration fee? Sorry. registration fees go to the benefiting charity and are non-refundable.
- When can I get my race shirt and race number? Two pre-race packet pickup sessions are scheduled. Thursday, December 6th from 6:00 to 9:00 pm and Friday, December 7th from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm at High Street YMCA (239 East High Street, Lexington, KY 40507). Packets will also be available on race day starting at 7:30 am at the race site.
- Can I view a course map? Yes. Click here to view the 5K course map, or here for the 10K course.
- Is the course totally on hard surfaces? Yes! The course is the paved roads at Keeneland.
- Is the course suitable for strollers? Yes. Pushing a stroller on this course is possible. Please start in the back of the race pack.
- Can I walk the race? Yes! Walkers are welcome.
- Can I bring my dog? Yes! Dogs on a fixed length leash are welcome. No retractable leashes please as they create a trip hazard. Owners will be responsible for cleaning up after their pet.
- What is your inclement weather policy? The race will be conducted rain or shine. In the presence of lightning at race start time, the start will be delayed 30 minutes or cancelled if lightning is still present after the 30 minute delay.
- Will the race be timed? Yes! The race will be timed by 3 Way Racing.
- Will awards be presented after the race? Yes! Awards for the top 3 male and female finishers in each race will be presented as soon as possible after the race. Awards for the top 3 male and female finishers in the following age groups will be presented as well: 12 and under, 13-17, 18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65-74, 75 and over. AND.....the top 3 Santapede teams will receive awards.
- Will there be other awards/contests? Yes! The top 3 themed Santapede Teams and top 3 Overall Santapede Teams will receive awards.
- Can I find my finish time online? Yes! Please click here to view the race results.