Schedule on Saturday, October 5
7:00-8:15am: Bib Pickup
8:30am: Start of all Events
12:30pm: 4-Hour Challenge Cutoff
4:30pm: 8-Hour Challenge Cutoff
Note: Assuming the 300-runner field has not been filled, online registration will be open through race day. If you plan to register on race day, you must register online from home or from your own device at the race venue. In-person payments cannot be accepted.
5 Mile Trail Run
The 5 Mile Trail Run is a single loop of the course. Awards in the spirit of the run will be given to the first, second, and third place overall male and female finishers.
For Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club members, this event and the first loop of the Challenge events are scored in the FSRC Grand Prix series. If you're not a Steeplechaser, we invite you to join up and start having fun with us!
4-Hour and 8-Hour Challenge Events
The Challenges are for those who wish to run more than one loop. Within the allotted 4 or 8 hours, run as many 5-mile loops as you'd like, as slow or as fast as you wish. Run 6 laps (or more!) to log an ultra-distance finish. The top three male and female runners logging the most mileage (quickest time tie-breaker) in each event will receive awards. The cut-off times are hard limits and the last loop must be started at least one hour before the cutoff unless the previous loop was completed in under one hour. No exceptions and no whining about this; Rick wouldn't complain or try to bend the rules and you shouldn't either!
Runners competing in the Rick's Run Challenges will have will have their results forwarded to Ultrasignup.com for inclusion.
The single-loop and challenge events will have separate aid stations.
- The "David Hartman Special" challenge aid station will be back again this year. Single-loop runners will be directed to their own finish line station.
There will be plenty of room to set up your own aid station close to the course.
- There will likely be a food truck for volunteers and other non-participants
NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES.
The 2024 race premium(s) will be awesome again this year. More information coming soon.
- No outside alcohol
- No refunds or deferrals, but RunSignUp is offering race insurance this year
- For your safety and the safety of those around you, headphones are discouraged.
- Dogs are not allowed on the course
- No Bib transfers and No Refunds (See the FSRC Policy)
- FSRC has adopted the guidelines outlined by USATF regarding Transgender and Transsexual Athletes. (See the FSRC policy)
The hilly course is a five-mile loop of farm lanes, grassy trails cut through hay fields, and some wooded trails.
Take a look at this great video of the course to get an idea of the terrain and the beautiful rural setting.