In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Info you need to know for your Run in the New Year! Caren Ware Events. You are about to Have A GOOD TIME!
Run in the New Year takes place at BOLSA CHICA STATE BEACH , LOT 25 The lot furthest west in the state park / Nearest to Jack in the Box on Warner and Pacific Coast Hwy. But you must enter at the main gate. PLEASE NOTE: State Park will not have that small private gate open for this race as in past years. They have allowed their park staff to be home for the holidays. SO…. All volunteers, vendors , and participants that want to park IN the state park parking lot must enter in the Main Gate on 17951 Pacific Coast Hwy . (This entrance is 1.5 mile East of the race staging area). Enter and stay left. Come on down 1.5 mile and park in the last (west) lot. There is free and meter parking in Sunset Beach. Make sure you DO NOT park in the lot behind the gas station. This is private and belongs to the Market. Thank you.
WHEN: Sunday December 30, 2018
Half Marathon start: 8 am
5k/10K start: 9 am mass start.
It’s YOUR party. Make it one fun one! Everyone gets a cool race shirt celebrating the NEW YEAR. And even cooler FINISHER MEDAL. Remember, these medals not only reward you for doing something FIT. They FIT together. Wigged Out, Santa Claus with a Cause, and Run in the New year magnet together. Did all three?!!! You get awarded the 4th medal at the Caren Ware Events booth following your run! They make a shoe that FITS!!! If you missed one of the series, you can purchase a virtual package and still get a bib, shirt, and medal for the missing race. $30 if picked up at the booth.
We will have 2019 hats ($7) and eye glasses ($3) for purchase. ($10 a set) . ( Or be one of the 100 we will randomly raffled and also tossed from the stage) We have commemorative glass champagne glasses for $10. AND PANCAKES!!! If you would love to support the Kiwanis and the Kids Read program, buy pancake tickets at packet pick up or the race. Bring $4.
3. RUN in THE NEW YEAR has a 5k (3.1 miles), 10K( 6.2 miles), Half Marathon (13.1 miles) distances. Wear your BIB ON THE FRONT. DO NOT take the pull tag off. The chip is under the foam on the back. Do not peel that off! If you decided to downgrade to a shorter distance please let us know as each event has different bib series. Go to LATE REGISTRATION and the SOLUTIONS SIGN.
4. This is a RFID chip timed event by ITZ ABOUT TIME. There are age division awards 3 deep in 15 age divisions so stick around for the awards in all distances. Look and see if you got a 1 ,2,or 3 by your name in the age div column of the posted results. Awards ceremony will begin at 9:45 for the 5k. 10:15 for the 10K. and half marathon top overalls. Half marathon may pick up there awards at the stage awards table when finished..
Results will be posted that afternoon also on www.itzabouttime.com.
5. The Bid is a CUSTOM souvenir with a space on the right to write your 2019 RESOLUTION. You will get your CUSTOM finisher medal when completing the course at the finish line. THREE PART “We FIT together” series medals will be awarded at the Caren Ware Events booth after you finish your run.
6. You can pick up your bibs and event shirt on race morning from 7 am to 8:45 am OR at the (optional) Early Packet Pick Up at Roadrunner Sports in Costa Mesa on Saturday, Dec. 29 from noon to 3 pm. (West 19th street and Harbor by the Coffee Bean)
You can pick up other people’s bibs if you have their confirmation printed out.
7. You can run with a stroller or dog but stay to the back of the back of the start pack and to the right-hand side coming and going on the course.
8. We want to hear your fun, silly, serious, or otherwise…2019 New Year’s RESOLUTIONS. Email us at email@example.com and share your NEW YEAR’s RESOLUTIONS. There will also be board at the awards/volunteer booth to scribble them on.
9. Caren Ware- My resolution is to offer inviting, personable, fun events that encourage EVERYBODY to do something healthy this year. It’s my goal to make sure YOU FIT! Feel like you FIT and make each of our races reach out an help somebody and some bodies!
10. Come dressed to party. Best party hat or glasses contest. We will be offering gimmick hats and glasses for sale if you need to DRESS IT UP! But if you are like me, its quite okay to come dressed as a runner!
11. Hope this was helpful. Bring friends. They can still sign up online or they can come in person at packet pickup. Add $5 for race day walk up sign ups. Cash or signing up on your phone online .
Is my medal and shirt the same as last year?No. But if you missed last year’s and like it better we have some available at the end of each race. Each event year has a new medal and shirt design. (Images on website may be from previous years)
Can I volunteer for this event? Space is filling up pretty fast. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Packet Pick Up
Date: Saturday, December 29th from noon to 3pm
Address : Road Runner Sports
1835 Newport Blvd, Costa Mesa 92626
You can pick up on race day starting at 7 a.m. If you missed the early packet pick up.
Can my friend pick up my packets at the early packet pick up? Yes. Buddy up and send one person if that works better. But remember Road Runner Sports offers discounts in the store to persons that come to packet pick up! Yahoo.