In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
At the close of the Battle of Cowpens in 1781, two American officers—confident in victory—raced for the ultimate prize, a British three-pounder cannon, called the “Grasshopper”. Start the year off with a bang at the 33nd Annual Race for the Grasshopper 5k!
Sign up before December 24th to be guaranteed a race shirt
Packet Pick up on Friday has been cancelled due to weather. You can pick up your race number and shirt on Saturday morning
Course Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7dpNfwvAIM
Spartanburg Running Club’s COVID plan for the 2021 Race for the Grasshopper:
· Space out the start line, based on ability level. Runners are not bunched up on each other. - The race scored off of chip time, not gun time. Once you cross the 1st mat your time starts
· Runners wear masks before the race, on the start line, and after the race.
· Allow runners to remove masks after 400m into the race, once the race spreads out.
· Provide bottled water.
· No award ceremony, runners will pick up awards at a table so that there would not be a large crowd gathering.
· Space out - sign-in table, information, awards table, etc. to encourage socialer and shirt on Saturday morning. distancing.
· Signage at key locations to remind participants and spectators to wear face coverings, to social distance, and to wash/disinfect hands often.
· Disinfecting stations throughout the race, such as at sign-in table, end of race, award table, etc.
· Masks, disinfectant, and gloves (rubber) provided participants and spectators.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.