In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.gotrievents.com.
WHAT: The BEER MILE
(Format = drink one 12oz beer then run 1/4 mile – repeat 4 times)
WHERE: Tiki Hut (@ the Beach House Inn) – Coligny Beach, HHI
WHY: Running without drinking is just too easy (not)!
HOW: Entry Fee $30 Indiv. / $45 Team (2ppl) - Include 4 beers and t-shirt
WHO: Individuals or Teams (2 ppl) - Anyone 21yrs or older – STRICTLY ENFORCED
Hilton Head Island's ONLY beer running event – for those runners that want a slightly different challenge to their normal run – or, for those beer lovers that may have a running problem. Whatever motivates you – come out and see how fast you can run 1 MILE and drink 4 BEERS (or, come out and see what someone looks like when running after 4 beers).
BIG THANK YOU to River Dog Brewing Co. for signing on as the Official Beer Company for the Hilton Head BEER Mile. We will be serving their Riverwalk Empire Pilsner (5.6% ABV) - Riverwalk Empire is a light, refreshing, & snappy Pilsner that’s the perfect complement to life here in the Lowcountry. Expect really clean cereal-like notes, rustic hop flavor, and a clean finish. You’ll feel like a million bucks after one or two (or four!) of these puppies!
1. You MUST be 21 years or older to participate.
2. You MUST provide for and name a designated driver that is responsible for transporting you after the event.
1. Individual: Each competitor drinks four cans (or bottles) of beer and runs four laps on a 1/4mi course.
Start – beer/lap, beer/lap, beer/lap, beer/lap – Finish
Team: (2 ppl): Each competitor drinks 2 beers and runs two laps
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap has begun, within the transition area. (The 10 meter zone before the start/finish line.)
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter of the transition zone. This ensures the competitors run a complete mile.
4. Competitors must drink cans or bottles of beer and the contents will be no less than 12oz. Bottles may be substituted for cans as long as they are at least 12 oz (355 ml) in volume.
5. No specialized cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. “Super mega mouth cans” or “vortex bottles” and other such containers are prohibited.
6. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner. No shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top.
7. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and flavored with hops.
8. Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
9. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race. Immediately after the completion of their 4th lap.
Q: Are T-Shirts included with registration?
A: Yes, each registered participant receives a t-shirt - and - both team members receive a t-shirt.
Q: Is the beer provided -or- BYOB?
A: The beer is provided - do not bring your own beer - all participants are required to utilize the beer provided by the race officials.
Q: Does everyone get to drink beer?
A: Individuals registered for the event will get 4 beers to consume during the event. Team relays (2 ppl) will also get 4 beers to consume - each team member to consume 2 beers.
Q: Will the race happen rain or shine?
A: Yes, the race will happen unless the weather poses any safety concern for the participants or the volunteers. If there is any risk to safety, then we will consider our options - such as postponing the event until the weather clears.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?