In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
** Please read below regarding changes in the event format.**
The Paddle Bender is a canoe, kayak, SUP, and outrigger race in the midlands area of South Carolina on beautiful Lake Murray! We have two course options for this fundraiser for PAWS Animal Wildlife Sanctuary, Inc. All net proceeds will be donated to this organization.
8 Mile -- Double Circumnavigation of the Island
4 Mile -- Beginner Friendly
2021 Paddle Bender w/Covid protocol
There will be:
* 4 and 8 mile courses around beautiful Dreher Island State Park
* Multiple spectator sites including shoreline and pedestrian bridge
* Multiple categories for single and double bladed paddling
* A reunion of our wonderful paddling community
* Something to look forward to (as per feedback rec'd)
* A chance to use your campsite reservation
* A competitive race or a fun casual paddle
* Race results timed, recorded, and posted
* Registration and part of check-in done virtually
* Insurance waivers signed as you drive in that morning
* Suggested donation levels for what you want out of the race
* Race cap number depending on marine permit
What will be missing:
* No award ceremony
* No firm registration fee (just donations with online entry)
* No group huddles for race meeting
* No food served afterward
If you want to stick around post-race that is entirely up to you. Many people are camping with family or friends. Let's get together and enjoy being on the water once again.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.