We have bags and labels, but if you would like to bring your own that is fine just label it with your bib # & race distance. Make it readable: Halfway up the bag, write your bib # in 4” tall black numbers on a white label. Make sure the label sticks.
Bag Check at the Tent/Table:
- Bring us your bag early. Minutes before the race begins.
- Close your bag securely so small items (phone, keys, etc.) can’t fall out.
- We throw bags around so anything breakable should be safely padded (or left at home!)
- When you hand us your bag, we will verify the bag label matches your bib. Make sure your bib and your timing chip are NOT inside the bag!
- Don’t combine bags from multiple people. You may think it will save time at the end to just ask for one bag. However, if the “other” runner asks for the bag and doesn’t have the matching bib, we have to resort to other ways of verifying bag ownership that takes more time.
- If you gave us your bag, but need it back before the race begins, you can ask but we will likely not be able to find it in time.
There will NOT be bag check at the starting Line - Due to a corralled started and trying to remain safe for everyone involved, bags can only be checked at the tent.
Bag Check/Pick Up at the Finish:
- We will confirm your bag # matches your bib #. Leave your bib exposed so we can see it. In hand is fine. Just don’t discard your bib before asking for your bag.
- If you ask for a bag and don’t have the matching bib, be prepared to describe what’s in the bag in detail. Better to avoid this. Similarly, don’t ask for a friend’s bag unless you have their bib in hand. You can ask for multiple bags but you must show us each bib.
- If you checked a bag, ask for it even if you no longer want it. Otherwise, it forces bag check volunteers to needlessly wait for people who won’t show up.