UPDATE 5/11/18 - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Wow - thank you so much for your support in 2018. We raised over $30,000 for Blessings in a Backpack! We will be back again in 2019 with the exact date to be determined.
We have closed the sale of the 2018 Procrastinators Prize Packs. If you ordered a PPP, they will be shipped to you in late May.
UPDATE 4/27/18 - WE'RE FULL, BUT NOW YOU CAN PRETEND LIKE YOU ACTUALLY PARTICIPATED!
Introducing the Procrastinators Prize Pack! For a limited time only, for only $1499 $1299 $299 $79 $25 you too can pretend like you participated in the race. You'll get a t-shirt, the participation medal and the super pretentious oval 0.5k bumper sticker.
To order, please go to our Race Store which is located here.
UPDATE 4/18/18 - WE'RE FULL!
Unfortunately, the first annual Boerne 0.5k is full. We have reached the capacity of our permit, of our insurance policy and what the Dodging Duck and Cibolo Creek Brewing Company can comfortably handle. Please don't be mad at us! We are as surprised as you are - we really had no idea we would have this many people sign up. Thank you for your interest and we are already discussing how we can increase the capacity for this event in 2019!
The Boerne 0.5k - The Running Event for the Rest of Us!
Join your fellow underachievers for a day (actually more like 10 minutes) of glory, celebration and participation trophies to raise money for a great organization, Blessings in a Backpack!
The Inaugural Boerne 0.5k will be held at 11 am on May 5, 2018 at River Road Park.
This will be very fun, tongue-in-cheek event that will lampoon the typical 5k.
Here are the details!
- The um, "Run" will start at River Road Park, just across from the Dodging Duck. Conveniently, the Duck has offered all participants a free pint of beer before the start of the race, so get there early. Yay beer!
- The um, "Race", will then head down the River Road Park walkway, underneath the Main Street Bridge where you will finish in a blaze of glory.
- We will then head to the Cibolo Creek Brewery to relive the experience, brag to our friends, take selfies to post on social media "I DID IT!!! I'M A FINISHER!! LOOK AT ME!!!" Conveniently, CCB has offered all participants a free pint of beer at the end of the race. Yay beer!
Goodies and Fun Stuff!
- IF YOU WANT A T-SHIRT ON RACE DAY - AND WHO DOESN'T WANT ONE OF THESE BAD BOYS - YOU MUST REGISTER PRIOR TO APRIL 19. REGISTRATIONS AFTER THAT DATE WILL NEED TO PICK UP THEIR SHIRT 2-3 WEEKS AFTER THE EVENT.
- All finishers will receive a pretentious oval Euro-style 0.5k sticker that you can attach to your rear windshield to show everyone what a badass you are.
- T-shirts of course.
- Participation medals (everyone gets recognized for their achievements at this event, no matter how bad they are, because we are all about positivity and self-worth.)
- Coffee and donut station at the halfway point for carb-loading and energy. This will also be where the designated smoking area is.
- Finish line photos
- Individual and group costume contests with prizes. Cool sunglasses, cowboy hats, short shorts, Spurs gear, pajamas, you name it. Come dressed for fun!
- Medical Tent
- The race is being sanctioned by SLACR, the Society for Lazy and Carefree Runners.
- Awards Presentation at CCB
- Live music at both brewpubs!
- The world's best bagpipe player (well, maybe not the best in the whole wide world, but certainly the best bagpipe player you will hear that day) will play Amazing Grace at the start of the race.
- Much, much, much more (as we think of things.)
- Don't feel like running? Don't think you can make it the full 546 yards? Then you should be a VIP.
- For an additional $25, you don't even have to run! How awesome is that?!
- The official Boerne 0.5k shuttle is a restored 1963 VW bus. If you don't want to walk over to Cibolo Creek, we'll shuttle you!
- You still get your free beer at both brewpubs, and all of the other goodies
- But the best thing is you get a bigger medal than everyone else because you are more important!
- Yes, we need them!
- There is a link at the top of the website for volunteer information and registration.
- Please pass the word to your friends. And we'll gladly put your high schooler to work too!
Please join us for a unique event that promises to be full of fun and fundraising for a great local charity that helps feed our neighbors that are in need.