In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR RACE DAY ON SATURDAY
We are very excited about being able to hold our race, but in doing so, we must be responsible. In order to do that, this year’s race will look a little different. We would much rather it look “different,” than not be able to have it at all!! Please be patient with us as we grow and learn!
At this point in time, we will be using a corral start line to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
We will not have a water station on the course, nor will we have a food table at the finish line. Please bring your own water and post-race snack! This will help us stop the spread of germs. There will be water at the finish line only.
Here are a few guidelines for runners that we would like for you to consider as you prepare for the race:
- It is advised that for walking the distance of people moving in the same direction in 1 line should be at least 4–5 meter, for running. Also, when passing someone it is advised to already be in a different lane at a considerable distance.
- Masks are suggested for politeness and protection during Check-in, Start Line, when passing other runners, and after finishing the race, but are not required.
- When running alone or training in groups, please continue to take all precautions and please be a good health steward.
- Don’t show up if you are feeling ill or have flu-like symptoms.
- Don't share fluids. Carry your own fluids to avoid contact with others on course.
- Don't share towels, food, gels, or any other item that runners normally share freely.
- Do wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after using the port-a-john. (Please bring your own as we may have a limited supply.)
- Do not spit or “nose rocket” your nose in public – bring along tissues or a small towel or a good old-fashioned hanky if you need to get rid of some snot during the race. ( I know, that’s gross, but it happens!)
- Do practice social distancing - ensure appropriate spacing between runners; the current recommendation is at least six feet of separation.
- Do avoid close-group selfies.
We look forward to seeing you on race day!!! Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions that you may have.
The Race Day Team
The friends of Larry Don Troutt decided there was no better way to honor his memory at the Gustine Homecoming than put on a race. He loved his family and friends, he loved his town and he loved his Race Day family, so come do a 7 & 7K with us, right here in the town that started it all!!!
In addition to the race, you will want to be sure you stick around for all the Gustine Homecoming festivities. Don’t miss the best Cake & Pie Auction in the Lone Star state!!!!
RACE DAY ITINERARY (coming soon!)
(This is a 7-kilometer event = 4.3 miles)
Early (by 5/10/20)
17 & under $15.00
18 & over $20.00
Fun Run $15.00
Late (after 5/10/20)
17 & under $20.00
18 & over $25.00
Fun Run $20.00
Race Day (5/23/20)
All ages, both events $30.00
Sleep-In Supporter - Only $15.00
Can’t get up that early? No worries!!! Show your support from the comfort of home in your jammies! Registrants will receive a t-shirt, but will not be assigned a bib or be eligible for awards. Your packet will be available at packet pick up and you must be registered by May 10.
Entry fee includes a t-shirt if registered by 5/10/20.
T-shirt guaranteed with early registration only by 5/10/20!!
Overall Male & Female
Masters Male & Female
Awards will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in the following age groups:
Male & Female: 11 & under, 12-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-79, 80 & Over
Come spend the day with us at Gustine on May 25, 2020.There is so much to do!!!
Entertainment under the pavilion beginning at 10:00 AM
continuing all day.
Games and entertainment for the kiddos, a bouncy house, pony rides, fun for all ages.
42 Tournament will be at the Community Center at 9:00
Bake Off - The categories are Pies, Cakes, Candy and Other Sweets. Entries due by 10:00 am
Cake & Pie Auction will start at 12:00 noon. YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!!!
Parade at 4:00 PM.
Community Meal 2:30 - 7: 30 at the Community Center catered by The Feed Mill (Littlejohn’s)
Gustine Jr. Rodeo Thursday, May 23, Friday, May 24, and Saturday May 25.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Join this event and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.