2021 Summer Series Event #9 - VOLUNTEERING!
FREE and open to the Public 5K Run/Walk!
WAIVER MUST BE SIGNED via pre-registration signup, for EACH participant, volunteer, and sponsor who will be attending. *spectators do not need to sign a waiver*
- Please arrive a few minutes before your scheduled volunteering, for instructions and to pick up your wristbands.
- No event shirts, timing, finisher medals or race bibs for participating/volunteering at these free events. All volunteers will receive (1) meal card COURTESY CHICK-FIL-A PARKDALE MALL for each volunteering they complete successfully, from start to finish.
- All Volunteers will receive a wristband and must wear it for the duration of the event, while you are at race site.
- Volunteers must be at least 16, and with parent.
- All bike marshal volunteers will pick up mesh volunteer vest before heading out
- Not all of the Summer locations are shut down for our event. Be cautious and alert for motorists, and other runners/walkers/bicyclists not involved in our event. Even if someone does not have a wristband on and is not part of our event, we will still give them water and aid if needed.
- Wear proper shoes and sun protection
- No pets at our events - only medical assist animals
- EMS will be on standby at all of our events. Let us know ASAP if you are not feeling well, or need basic 1st aid.
- Participants are instructed to follow the direction of any SRS volunteer
- Keep up with the latest information on each week's Facebook Event. This is where all updates regarding the event, are posted.
- Bring a mask with you, as you may need to wear a mask inside Location Hosts buildings (Restrooms, if applicable). Please use the restroom before heading to your volunteer station. There are no restrooms on course.
- Be sure you receive the email confirmation from signing up. You should receive an automatic email within 5 minutes.
- The use of headphones/earphones is unsafe, and Sea Rim Striders actively discourages their use. Runners and volunteers need to stay alert at all times, especially on courses that are not closed down to the public.
- Send any photos you take at this event, if you'd like us to include them in the final SRS pictures postings for the event. SRSclub.SummerSeries@gmail.com
- If you'd like to become a SEA RIMS STRIDER Member, we encourage online signups. Search SEA RIM STRIDERS MEMBERSHIP on RUNSIGNUP.com. Online signups will be available online every day 24/7, until 9/30/2021.
- Let us know if you'd like us to save you some post-race snacks! We have sponsors confirmed for: Pizza, pickles, mandarin oranges, bananas, and apples.
Take extra care to get, and stay hydrated. Wear proper hot weather protection: hat/visor, sunblock, sunglasses, shoes etc...
Encourage runners where you can!
We are looking for Bike Marshals for our events! Please have them contact us if they can help: SRSclub.SummerSeries@gmail.com.