In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Covid-19 doesn’t stop the fact that our families still need our support and services which means they still need your financial support!
How does this virtual event work? Glad you asked! Here are 10 simple steps to follow as we count down 10 days until our virtual walk!
1. Register here
2. Get creative! Design your own DIY Superhero costume with whatever items you have in your home
3. Design your own Autism awareness signs
4. Have the kids color our ABC Coloring sheets and post it to your window or front door
5. Take a family walk around your block, run a 5K, walk a mile, skip, jog, ride your bike, or run as far as you’d like
6. Take a photo or short video and post to our event page to share your experience
7. Make a donation online through our registration platform or website
8. Ask your friends and family to donate in your child’s name. Our goal is to raise $5,400 (1 in 54)
9. Success! You have completed your virtual walk and supported our families with special needs!
10. Celebrate and give yourself a big hug for making a huge positive impact!
Here are the critical stats we must share with you:
1 out of 54 children are diagnosed with Autism.
ABC has seen a 91% increase in calls for assistance with the following items: Larger Size Diapers, Pull Ups, Wipes, Medical Supplies, Cleaning Items, Specialized Formula, Food for Special Diets (not provided by food pantries), Medications, utility payments, School & Learning Supplies, and Gift Cards.
We will also experience a 43% decrease in revenue for this time period due to cancellation of special events (Walk for Autism, New Braunfels Walk for Autism, Big Give Special Events) and a decrease in individual and Corporate fundraising.
The following are concerns we are experiencing as we continue our daily work with families:
- Parents are overwhelmed with virtual classes, meetings, sessions, and conferences with teachers or other professionals
- Parents having a difficult time with lack of structure in the home vs. school setting: not enough school work for children (finish assignments too quickly or expectations from teachers are too high)
- Children are struggling with understanding why they are at home and not at school
- Parents struggling to provide the supervision needed for school work as they balance work
- Parent stress has increased due to having family at home all day and/or having to work from home
- Parent stress has increased due to loss of job and income
- Parent mental health is declining due to current situation
- Parents needing help with grocery shopping since families cannot wait in lines with their children with special needs children; curbside and deliver has been difficult because of delay in scheduling pick up/ drop off and not all items are readily available
- Parents are concerned that ongoing therapies: ST, PT, OT, ABA, etc. have been placed on hold causing concerns for regression in child’s development and behavior
What is Any Baby Can doing to help?
ABC is providing online Parent Stress classes, weekly behavior support classes, nutrition and exercise classes.
Virtual Autism training and parenting classes.
Our case managers are having one-on-one calls with our families to talk through their thoughts and feelings to provide resources and tools.
We have also created social narratives; continue to provide case management, doorstep drop off/pick up of critical items to include gift cards for families to order items online or food delivery.
We have created an online Amazon Wish List of critical items families are needing.
We are also a site for Grab & Go meals that provides food for 5 days!
Please call us if you are in need and thank you for being part of our ABC family. Stay home and stay safe.
If you have any questions about this Virtual Walk, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your virtual walk experience.