- Where will be the race be held? The Louisville Zoo at 1100 Trevilian Way, Louisville, KY 40213.
- What time does the race start? The 5K race start time is 8:00 am.
- What time should I arrive? Please arrive at least one hour before the race start time.
- Where will I park? Parking for the race will be free at the Zoo. Parking will close early pre-race to allow time to ensure the course is safe for participants.
- Where is the Start Line? Illinois Ave; directly adjacent to the Zoo’s main parking lot.
- When does online registration close? Online registration will close on Friday, May 8 at 11:59 pm.
- Can I register on race day? Yes, you can register online up until 7:30 am on race morning, click here to register, or onsite from 6:30 to 7:30 am race morning.
- What do I get for my registration fee? The race fee includes a commemorative t-shirt, finishers medal, post-race refreshments, entry to win door prizes and FREE Zoo admission and parking for the day.
- Is there a benefiting charity? Yes, all proceeds from race registrations help the Louisville Zoo continue to fulfill its mission to “Better the Bond Between People and Our Planet” by providing excellent care for animals, a great experience for visitors, and leadership in conservation education. Additional donations will benefit the animal enrichment program at the Zoo.
- Can I get a refund of my registration fee? Sorry, registration fees are for the benefit of the charity and are non-refundable.
- Will there be a pre-race packet pickup session? Yes – Packet Pickup will be 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, May 8th, 2020 at the Louisville Zoo (1100 Trevilian Way, Louisville KY 40213). We highly recommend all participants show up on Friday to pick up your packet, as Saturday morning will have long lines.
- When can I get my race shirt and race number on race day? Packet pickup will begin at 6:30 am at the race site on race day. Please arrive early to ensure you have enough time to get your race number.
- Is the course totally on hard surfaces? Yes. The course is a loop design on the asphalt and concrete surfaces in and around the Zoo property.
- Is the course suitable for strollers? Yes. Strollers are welcome but for their safety, children must remain in the stroller while on the course. Please start in the back of the race pack. There is no charge for children in strollers for the race however, they do not receive the benefits of paid participants (shirt, race medal, free zoo admission, etc)
- Can I walk the race? Yes! Walkers are welcome. Please line up at the Start in the designated "Walkers" area.
- Can I bring my dog or other pet? Sorry, but dogs or other pets are not allowed in the race.
- Are there other race restrictions? Yes, no bikes or skates please.
- Will the race be timed? Yes! The race will be timed by DC Timing.
- Will awards be presented after the race? Yes! Awards for the top 3 male and female overall finishers and the top 3 male and female in the following age groups will be presented as soon as possible after the race. Overall awards will be based on "gun time" and age group awards will be based on "chip time." Age groups are: 9 & under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & over.
- Can I find my finish time online? Yes! Please click here to view the race results.