In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.daytonva.us/.
This event will take place on Saturday, August 4th, 2018. Start times will be based on the selected wave.
History and Purpose
The Dayton Muddler is a unique 4-mile muddy adventure course through the historic Town of Dayton. “Muddlers” will encounter a variety of obstacles along the way, such as the Cooks Creek Water Run, Recon Wall, Fort Harrison Haul, Mud Crawls, Hay Bale Climb, a 150-foot water slide, feed sack carry, aerial sprays and more.
It’s truly for a great cause — all net proceeds from the Muddler benefit Boulder Crest Retreat.
Music, Food & Beverages will be available throughout the day!
Participants can sign up for ONE of FIVE events!
Registration Dates for Muddler:
4/14 - 6/1 at 11:59pm: $60
6/2 - 7/1 at 11:59pm: $70
7/2 - 7/15 at 11:59pm: $75 (guaranteed race-day shirt deadline)
7/16 - 8/3 at 5pm: $75 (no shirt guarantee)
Event day at kiosk: $85
* Additional fees apply for Corporate Cup, Bike Sprint/Muddler, and Half-Marathon/Muddler Options.
* For those who register after 7/15, race day shirts will be available on a first come first serve basis if there are extras. In the event that a size is no longer available in the inventory for pre-registered participants, you will receive a coupon in your registration bag. This coupon can be turned in at the on-site printing booth for a shirt to be printed onsite. The coupon MUST be turned in to receive your shirt so please make sure to put it in a safe place or have your shirt printed as soon as you register.
Coupon Code and Invoicing Option: Businesses wishing to pay for their employees can request a coupon code. This code is then shared to either a limited or unlimited number of employees who use it to register. A single invoice (payable in person, check, or credit card) for all registered participants will be sent 10 days prior to the event. Please contact event management if you'd like for us to set up a coupon code for you.
Registration Process and Wave Assignment for Individuals:
Participants will be asked to select the wave they wish to participate in at the time of registration. In order to avoid congestion on the course, waves will be strictly limited to the first 30 registered. Participants have the option to switch waves up until August 1st. Bib numbers will be assigned according to the wave for which you registered and you may only start with the wave in which you are assigned.
Registration Process and Wave Assignment for Teams:
For participants who wish to be part of a team, each individual of the team must complete their own registration. If you are a team leader, you will need to first create a new team when you register. You will then need to share the team name, along with what wave that you selected, with the other members. Additional members will then be able to select this team from a drop down box when they register. Be sure that all members of a team register at the same time. If your teams wave fills up, you will not be able to start with your team. Instead, you'll have to move the team to a later wave.
- All Competitive teams must consist of a minimum of 5 members - not all of the same gender.
- Non-competitive teams consist of at least 2 members, but have no cap on team size, or genders.
6:45am - Day of registration begins and continues throughout the day. Note: if you plan to register on the day of the event, you will most likely be assigned to one of the later, non-competitive waves.
7:30am - Waves 1& 2: Half-Marathon & Half-Marathon+Muddler
8:50am - Waves 3&4: Bike Sprint & Bike Sprint+Muddler (13.1 mile bike course)
9:00am - Wave 5: Youth Division ages 12-15 9:10am- Wave 6: Youth Division ages 11 and under 9:30, 9:40, 9:50am - Waves 7,8 & 9 Competitive Individuals
10:00,10:10,10:20am - Waves 10, 11 & 12 Competitive Teams
10:30, 10:40 - Waves 13 & 14 Corporate Cup
10:50am - all registrants run Waves 15+ Non-Competitive Teams & Individuals starting every 10 minutes.
Results will be posted on site, as well as on the registration page under results.
- Overall awards presented to 1st and 2nd place individuals and teams in all competitive divisions. To be eligable for overall awards, you must be part of the Competitive Waves.
- Corporate Cup: Awarded to the top business/corporation team within the Corporate Cup Waves 9,10.
* Team times will be based on the 5th place finisher on that team.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
An updated map for the 2018 course will be posted as it becomes available.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.