In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Welcome to RTC's Open Water Swim Registration
Hosted Monday's and Wednesday's weather and river permitting at Robious Landing Park, Midlothian, VA. We need a minimum of 6 swimmers, 2 water support volunteers AND a trailer driver in order to have the swim.
* PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS AND OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES *
1. Registration is for all CURRENT MEMBERS ONLY. If you have not renewed your membership please go to https://www.richmondtriclub.com/join-or-renew Memberships will be verified.
Each swimmer should seed themselves (fastest to slowest by wave)
Top of the Pack (fast swimmers) Wave 1 (6:05 pm start)
Middle of the Pack (average swimmers) Wave 2 (6:10 pm start)
Back of the Pack (slow/newbie swimmers) Wave 3 (6:15 pm start)
2. Every swimmer is required to sign the ONSITE 2021 Waiver (last year’s is no longer valid) and the form will be available at check-in.
3. Every swimmer and water support person needs to SIGN-IN to the log book and list emergency contact person’s name and phone number.
4. There will be a safety briefing held on the dock before each wave goes out.
5. Swim Safety Buoys are required by ALL swimmers. They can be purchased online at Amazon AND we also have a small number available for sale onsite. You can borrow one but we do have a limited number of Swim Safety Buoys and are first come first served. No Buoy = No Swim
6. Bright swim caps must be worn by all swimmers. We will have complimentary swim caps available in case you forget to bring one.
7. Every swimmer and water support person must SIGN OUT of the log book. The Race Director will call the emergency contact if the swimmer does not log themselves out. This can really make the emergency contact very anxious, and we want to avoid that!
8. All participants (swimmers and volunteers) are encouraged to sign up for Rained Out text notifications https://www.rainedout.net/team_page.php?a=7a1a66c9d13367fce645
* We recommend getting there early so that you have time to sign the waiver, get your swim buoy set up, swim cap, etc. *
** We need 4 Volunteer Kayakers and 2 SUP's -- must be at least 18 years of age. All will be provided with PFD's (personal flotation devices). Must be comfortable having someone hold on to the kayak/SUP. RTC membership not required but encouraged. The Waiver form needs to be completed.
Please be considerate, if you are unable to make the swim we ask that you CANCEL your registration by asking for a REFUND this allows us to know if we have enough volunteers on the water and also for the swim.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.